pri485

I have just fininshed with the appraisals in my company:icon1:. I hv got the individual employee scores, the training needs, & the individual areas of improvement.
But what next :?: :?:Training them in the areas they improvement is one thing. what about the increments? how to go about it?? and hw to improve those aspects where training cant be provided by the company??:huh:
Please provide me with some ideas??? I am new in this field and this is my 1st job.

From India, Thana
Chanda Batra

Dear Priyanka,
Here are answers:
1) Training Needs- Collate all the training needs in an excel sheet and then analyse what's majorly in demand. Accordingly preapre a training calender, talk to few external trainers and finally after fixing the schedule, send the same to everyone, so that people can book their calenders accordingly.
2) Rating and increments, draft a letter which has the details of rating and the percentage increment along with the revised salary. Let me know if you need a format.
3) Areas of improvement- Sit with the employee and his reporting manager and work out an action plan against each area. You need be very smart in telling the Operations Manager that you have to be a part of the "Action Planning" discussion because operations people generally don't want HR to be a part of such sessions.
Let me know if need any other help!

From India, Delhi
sunil wayal
Hi Priyanka,

First you have to decide identification of core training competencies needs including critical skills according to respective department. Then prepare training schedule, training calendar and final follow up time to time.

For eg. If Sales Executives / Managers have full knowledge details of products i.e. price, competitors’s price etc. Even they know ideal customers but do not know about starting initial communications skill to attract those customers. Then what will be result?

Here you can implement core training competencies needs to improve your sales and marketing team to achieve targets.

Increment is mostly depends on the percentage of achieving given targets for sales and marketing and for others on KRA,KPA,KPI of respective department.

For.eg for HR Dept.

KRA :- Recruitment / Selection
KPA :- Recruitment
KPI :- Reduce time to fill vacancy.

This is the basic for you.
Pls revert back if you have any doubts

Sunil Wayal

From India, Pune
prikashde007
Hi,
I manage a team of 6 and each of them work on different processes (basically 1FTE roles). They primarily do reporting and data entry. I would like to get some help around setting SMART objectives for my team. Can you please help me with some ideas on how to go about doing this? Thanks!

From India, Bangalore
pri485

Thanks a lot Mr. Chanda and Mr. Sunil it was indeed a valuable input. Could you help me more for the following...
1) Some employee face communication problem like speaking fluently in english.
2) One employee is assertive, argues to every suggesstion not bcoz of bad behavior but bcoz of his own concepts abt that way of working.
3) One employee doesnt follow up with his own superior and many a times takes decision on his own. Though they are 99% right, he is not the authority & if we accept it then one more problem is that he even forgets to inform abt it to his superior.
In all above case what should be the training given - some ideas?????

From India, Thana
vincentnp
On completion appraisal process you are provided with scores on employee perofrmance, training needs both job oriented and behavior oriented. Job oriented trainings that wcan result in improved performance by an employee can be delivered either by a senior resource with in the organisation or an expert in the field depending on your financial allocation. Behavior training can be imparted by you or behavioral consultants available in your respective places.. again financial allocation. Finally, on the financial rewards that everyone expects from the organisation... you need to take into account the organisation's capacity to pay... probably develop a metrix to convert performance scores into reward points....

hari3350
hi Priyanka,
after evaluation of the appraisal score of every employee, u can sit with everyone individually and get to know wat they feel about in terms of training and wat interests they have in training as this may bring out their thoughts and help u convince them on their training needs.any customised training can be given to these employees.. do let me know if u want to customize their training needs..
Regards Hari

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.