No Tags Found!

Rajendra Gehlot

Hi Friends, Just finished..Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Dreaming.....Inspired. Rajendra Gehlot
From India, Pune
sunayna

hello felllow readers ... (not many of u around apparently)

dont ppl at citehr read

i really feel annoyed wen ppl dont read

Take my parents for example...both are soooo busy with their wrk and household worries...any free time they get..they sleep or tv...i think thts the only hobby left for an avg middle aged indian.

i keep telling my mom to read....my dad doesnt like reading...i gave up on him long ago...but my mom used to read wen she was young..i wonder wt happens wen ppl grow older.

i see no life for ppl who dont read..

wer is the zest to live? wer is the passion...hunger....if u dont read..u cant Lead.

how can ppl not read......

Every book i read tells me a lil abt myself...

like a fool....i end up feelin tht atleast one of the characters in the book is similar to me

any book i read....i always find some traits...which i feel are exactly like mine....

i ve read maverick....i think ricardo semeler is like me(i never felt i am like him...amusing!) jack welch's "Straigh from the gut"...i thought even he was like me...Anne Franks "Diary of a lil girl", i found anne like me

now im reading "We the living"...i think she is like me too..to an extent.

Each book tells u something abt urself....something abt human nature tht will definitely amuse u...make u smile...make u jump with joy if ther is a lovely happy ending...leave u sad for hrs if the protoganist ends up losing everything...like in Gone with the wind

Reading a book is an experience ... its like a journey on a beautiful road...

Do read!

From India, Mumbai
ankitm
gud to know people like you exist. No puns intended, i seriously have not come accross people who luv 2 read. I hope our interaction is gonna be great. Try the 'Fountainhead'- Ayn Rand if u have not. I am in love with the book. the most intellectual or logical thing i have ever come across. Waiting for ur reply
From India, Ahmadabad
archnahr

Hi Sunaina,
I just finished reading THE INHERITANCE OF LOSS by KIRAN DESAI.
Very intersting book to read, it is about Post colonial India, and she carries both the poor India with its privilege, and Newyork city with its glamour so wonderfully and you just cant stop reading it in between.
Next lets see what I start. :idea:
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
Rajendra Gehlot

Hi! Sunayana,
Thanks for inspiring the members for reading & learning & in turn identifaying youself with the character of the book.Characters becomes you friend for life.
I suggest all my friends to atleast buy & read a book per month.It's an investment.
I'm currently reading Alchemist.
Rajendra Gehlot

From India, Pune
sunayna

Im more than happy tht u exist.
Man!
i hope ther is interaction...
baby steps...im sure discussing books is gonna be gr8
Ofcource Ive read it
one of the reasons i picked "we the living"
doesnt live up to fountainhead ha.
uve read it?

From India, Mumbai
sunayna

Really
im relieved to hear tht
at times i thought i was a lil crazy
Ya...that is sooo true
yup..ur right.
i think my best friend wld be Morrie...frm Tuesdays with morrie
who wld be ur fav charachter?
a month.....wt r u saying..i wld say once a week is a must.
but u knw wt...i dont get the point in buying books...ther is nothing tht i can think of doing with it
i have bought only 3-4 books in my life...one of them being Tuesdays wth morrie. becoz i keep going back to it...
but other than that....i dont see the use of it..
rather join a library.
Wt do u do with ur books Rajendra....once u done reading it?
itss am amazing book.
wer have u reached?

From India, Mumbai
Ranadeep Roy
I have just Finished reading "The Hungry Tide" by Amitav Ghosh... One Amazing Novel...
Then My Personal Favourites are lots, I would name a few...
1. Train Stops at Shamli - By Ruskin Bond
2. Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri
3. Sat By the River Piedra and Wept - Paulo Cohelo
4. eleven minutes - Paulo Cohelo
5. Alchemist - Paulo Cohelo
6. Collection by Roald Dahl
These are just to name a Few

From United States, Columbus
ankitm
i thought with all the popularity ur posts are receiving a reply would be very impossible. but it is nice to know that u refer back to these small things.
With all the long lists that people are posting i am afraid how many of us understand or implement the readings. It is not that we always read books for this purpose, but there are some books ,Fountainhead or Maverick, are not for everybody. Sorry to put it crudely but the fact is these books are so ....( i don't have words) that afterreading them u will love them for sure but u will be actually contradicting the author. The author never wanted hero worship eg.
Neways it is still great to have u there with all the excellent input u give..
Waiting for u to share ur opinion.. :idea:

From India, Ahmadabad
sunayna

Hii
Which is ur fav book by Ruskn bond?
wts the story?
HI
thnku thnku
:P
y isnt fountainhead for everyone??
and well..we r not hero worshipping...just discussing
this reminds me...u know Sai baba dint beleive in idol worship...
something shd be done abt this fact, .. and here we are...spending money on a throne.
i think il do something.
It really is
im happy this thread is ON.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.