swati saxena

thanks sawant and gaurang for sharing your exp with me .......... this made my problem very easy to handle and i will try to do the same as you suggested.
From India, Delhi
swati saxena

i got no of response for the issue ........... i m really happy that we all are concerned about this critical issue.
From India, Delhi
sgurwe03

taare raat mein jagmagate hain
subha ko jane kaha woh gum ho jate hain
andhere mein asman ka rang woh dekhte hain
neeli chadar par woh sare timtimate hain
raat hai andheri or sunsan si
charo tarf chhayi hai ek virani
khamosh ho kar bhi ye hava kuch hai keh rahi
andhere mein rasta kisi ka jaise dhundti
taare apni roshni se raah hain dekhte
subha ko jane kaha woh gum ho jate
taare kitne pyare lagte hain sang hamare
chand to hai adhura akash mein
sang na hon agar ye sare
dekho to asman mein chamkile phool bikhre huye
lagta hai phoolo mein bhi deep jal rahe

From India, Nagpur
KK_Kranthi Kumar
Hi Swati,

Just went through your case...... As a HR professional you need to build a positive apprach to evrything you face in an Office......i understand the HR is the new set upin your organisation........You shd take this as a core issue and build a detailed strategy to execute it with the time.....its important to understand whats the organisations vision.......and ur plan shd match to the vision......

i mean to say understand what organisation wants and prepare a plan...make a SWOT analysis of ur company......find solutions to work on weakness and explain how it is going to help people within and as an whole.......you r in process developing i.e bringing a transition to a culture and its sensitive....... it takes time....but definitely will work out........

and dont say the boss is least concerned about office issues......bring out to his notice the positives of what you are lookin for and its benefits....

i wish all the best.....you can do it if you consider it as a case and doesnt get personal about reactions....keep a positive approach and proceed......

Kranthi

From India, Bangalore
rajsawster

Dear Swati,
I appreciate Kranti's suggestion to add in my response.
Swati,
You must first do SWOT analysis this will give insight picture of organization and opportunities as well as weakness to build your case. Then you stretch on the other issues mentioned in my subjects as remedy to cure trouble areas as long term HR strategy to establish HR department with HR initiatives.
Kranti thanks for adding this suggestion.
Regards
Sawant

From Saudi Arabia
roshnikk
Dear Swati,
Let me put it this way.
Even i have joined an organisation with a less strength and have joined 4 months back.
All the employees were well settled before i could join in and had a wide open space. We all know well, that HR is a monitoring role.
It is always difficult to close all open doors at the same time, as people do not accept that immediately, since are in practise of open doors.
We have to bring restrictions, but one by one. Apply your policies one by one, keeping track of the response to every change, get along well with the most influencing individual of the organisation, who can speak what you think. Convince him/her and you will have many of the others convinced.

From India, Delhi
KK_Kranthi Kumar
thanks sawant for ur kind gesture......
support always motivate to think positive.....
i appriciate that......
may be this will also help you swati

What is organizational change?

From organizational viewpoint, it means changing the business models, strategies, policies, processes, human resource practices and so on with a view to establish newer and more productive concepts.

Following are a few known reasons why organizations need change:

Better management of resources.
Minimizing physical efforts.
Increasing output.
Reducing input.
Time saving.
Cost saving.
Keeping pace with improving technology.
Competition.
Change in economy.
Modern trends.

Why is the need to manage change ?

Minimize chances of failure.
Getting best inputs.
Implement change within a reasonable time limit.
Managing expenditures.
Allow people to accept change.
Allow people to adapt themselves to change. This can be done by a proper training and documentation of the new systems and procedures.

Employees will resist change if :

They believe change is unnecessary or will make the situation worse.
They fear that the change will mean loss - of security, money, status or freedom.
They had no input into the decision.
The change was a surprise.
They are not confident that the change will succeed.
They feel that it will be too difficult to adapt themselves with the new conditions.
They feel that the new development can replace manpower by a technology.
They feel that the change can reduce their comfort level.

Employees will Support Change if:

They expect that it will result in some personal gain.
They believe that the change makes sense and is the right thing to do.
They were given an opportunity to provide input into the change.
They have faith in the person who is coordinating the change.
They believe it is the right time for the change.
They believe that it will not bring any harm to them.
They believe that it will make the work easier.

Tips for smooth change:

Deploy those people for communication in whom people have good faith.
Actively seek out people’s thoughts and reactions to the proposed changes.
Listen carefully. Do not indulge in lengthy explanations justifying the change.
Keep on updating people about the progress of change throughout the process at various steps.
Publicly recognize any employee(s) whose suggestions are used in the change process.
Do explain benefits of change but don’t hide the limitations.

Methods to communicate employees regarding change:

Formal Discussions.
Informal Discussions.
E-mails.
Survey forms.
Presentations.
Newsletter.

Conclusion

Change is inevitable in every sphere of life .An unplanned change can make the situation more worse. Hence it is important to implement change in an organized way to bring the desired results . When it comes to organizational change the major threat is “Resistance to change” due to natural human tendencies. And the key to overcome this resistance is an effective communication plan to enhance more transparencies and support during various phases of change.

kranthi

From India, Bangalore
prkumar

Dear Swathi I fully agree with Suyash.. Everybody wants to avoid change. Keep on trying n gain confidence. P R Kumar
From India, Visakhapatnam
amitved316
First of all the employee may not be similar. You have to first understand there real problem by not taking about the problem but to enquire about family, taste ....etc. Atleast try to spend time with each employee at different times and when ever you are free. Make yourself as the part of the organization and enjoy the work they give. Also suggest some things and change only if they say yes. Most of them like to advice ask them by saying you have aproblem .please advice. try tobe friend, it will take time but will be fruitful. Also never boss on them as if u r putting on them something. Request them. Always learn to cry on the crying child will get the milk. Please try to follow.
From India, Bangalore
Anand132

This is the struggle one has to go through whenever one is attempting to make a company professional. Here are a few tips from my own experience:
- Be nice to people; Always talk to them politely and with a smile
- Identify opinion leaders or power centers. These are people who can help you succeed. Involve them in making your policies, guidelines, rules etc
- Expose them to early gains. That is introduce some thing that is very employee friendly (like a 5-day week, good leave policy...). This makes people more comfortable with you
- Be patient
If after all these efforts things aren't changing, hold on to that company for an year or more and then start looking out. No experience is bad experience. You will appreciate the experience you had in this company in your future jobs. Working in companies like this will give you an opportunity to develop one very essential required for HR - 'tolerance'. Develop this skill and you will do well in your career.
Anand

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.