Anonymous
I have 3 Years 4 months of experience in a small-scale company and I have been working in a Contract hire position in one MNC last 8 months. But I got an offer from another MNC for a permanent position. I have sent the resignation mail to my current organization. But they are forcing me to serve 90 days notice period. But for the Permanent position, I need to join within 30 days. If I don't serve the 90 days notice period they will not provide me any experience and relieving forms.

I have explained the same situation to HR. My new company ready to hire me without this 8 months' experience. I have the Offer letter, payslips, and PF statements for reference. But new company will consider only 3 Years 4 months experience. I need to know if this affects my future career if I didn't get an Experience and relieving letter because of Absconding?

From India, Chennai
umakanthan53

Certainly abscondence is a grave misconduct that can culminate in dismissal. That apart it is a sign of non-dependability of the individual for any future employment. But when a situation is created by the employer himself by refusing to allow the resigning employee to exercise the buy out option of the notice period strictly according his own convenience, the employee can get himself relieved by paying the notice salary.

Since the present and prospective employers happen to be MNCs, it is advisable to make the poster's exit formal duly complying with the notice conditions, though the latter does not insist the same because they do not consider the experience of 8 months service with the former. The poster may pay the salary for the unserved notice period under the buy out option and get himself relieved, IF the same is also likely to be refused. Normally, most of the HR people will not take any initiative or lead in situations of personal difficulties of employees switching job.
Better try to seek an audience with the unit head and convince him politely.
Always, the career graph should be without break as far as possible.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.