No Tags Found!

Bob Gately

Hello nidhisk:

"... employees quickly learn their place because their survival depends on it."

Therefore, should we expect employees to put their careers at risk to do the job the CEO is paid to do?

"... job security is more important than corporate change."

I do think that this explains why most employees fail to take a stand for the good of their employer--it is not rewarded and all too often it is punished.

"... I feel that HR have a special responsibility in changing things."

Only if the CEO agrees.

"How else can HR justify being a value-add?"

HR may have a hard time justifying it but if the CEO fires the HR Manager how does That help?

"I am sure that the top executives of any organization look to HR for solutions, not just push paper."

Executives seldom ever mean changing their behaviors and most always mean changing other peoples' behaviors yet it is the executives behaviors that must be changed.

"Since HR rarely, if ever, offers solutions, it is no small wonder
that HR is routinely thought of as an admin department."

How many times does a new HR Manager need to have his recommendations rejected before he stops making recommendations?

"If not HR, then who?"

The CEO.

"Employees are not in a position to change things as they are too
caught up with their professional roles. Besides, it is not their main job."

What is the CEO doing?

>By the way, have you read the "manifesto" ChangeThis :: Why Your Boss is Programmed to be a Dictator"

We get what we hire.

If we want different behaviors from our managers we need to change who we hire.

From United States, Chelsea
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.