No Tags Found!

mfahr
Hello Sir,

Our employees have been with us for a very long time and they are used to coming late. Our office timings are 9.30 to 5.30. Earlier, timings were 9 to 5, but due to this late coming problem, we had to change it to 9.30 to 5.30.

But, still employees come late by half an hour. We tried many things like deducting salaries etc. But nothing worked.

There was no HR and I have been, recently, hired to solve these issues. I advised my CEO that we should design a proper performance appraisal system and target employees on monthly basis. Before I joined the organization, the CEO set saturday as a full working day from half. Do you think it will work?

I think, it will force employees to come still late.

It is a shipping company and there are some employees from operations department who need to do late sitting, so they come late next day.

Some employees need to go to port in morning and they get back to office very late with the reason that it was too busy time at the port. How can we track them?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ahmed

From Pakistan, Karachi
anjali1994

Dear Ahmed,
Old employees are always a problem . make a rule anyone who is on offical duty has to inform at the front desk
Also regarding latecomings deduct salary , and issue memos ...make a rule anyone getting 3 memos his/her services can be terminated.
late sitting doesnt always mean over work , it can also imply inability to complete the work during the working hours and also to show that they are sitting late

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.