Dear Bharathi/Ravi/Sridevi
Kindly follow the link and you will get the details
For Tax calculator
Welcome to Corporation of Chennai
For forms & submissions
Welcome to Corporation of Chennai

From India, Bangalore
bharathi1990

Hi every one, Thanks a lot Jeeva and Ravi for your contribution towards my query. It really guides me a lot. I will sure follow your advice. Thanks once again.Keep helping........
From India, Madras
viswa1945@gmail.com

Professional tax is a tax charged by the state government. This has to be deducted from all eligible employees and deposited with state government treasury or designated banks (designated by the state govt for this purpose) and the number allotted to your organization should be quoted in the challan.
From India, Hyderabad
manisha.idea84

Dear Bharthi,
Professional tax has been charged by state govt which varies state to state. and this amount after deduction from employee's salary should be paid to state govt. on or before 15th of every month..i can share the slabs of professional tax according to states with you.

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls profession_tax__state_wise_slab_207.xls (27.5 KB, 58 views)

bharathi1990

Hi Manish,
Thanks for sharing. what is my question is we are deducting PT as per our state (Chennai).
But we did'nt start paying it to the Corporation. Now my doubt has cleared.
Thanks for sharing Manish. Keep posting........

From India, Madras
kraviravi.kravi@gmail.com

THanks sir , but i have visited that site n number of times what we need is some experienced person to guide us about \p.tax and its submission things,, there is nothing much mentioned in the corporation of chennai website,
From India, Madras
U.K.Singh

Professional Tax is state subject. The tax collected goes into State Treasurey. Some State Govt. do not levy rofessional tax. For example Jharkhand Govt., Bihar Govt., Delhi Govt. Any complaint in this regard must be registered with state Govt. authorities as defined under the legislation passed by State Govt. SUppose an employee is working in a company registered at Bangalore but the employee is posted in Delhi, the employer cannot collect Professional tax from the employee.But suppose that employee is posted in Bengal, the employer has to collect PT at the rate applicable in West Bengal and deposit the same in the WB Treasurey,
From India, Calcutta
nitinjadhav
Hi guys, form V is fine but can anyone tell me which form to be used for half yearly return and yearly returns for the PT paid. suggestions are invited Regards, nitin jadhav
From India, Pen
shyamstar1
Dear All Get the updated details of Professional Tax in all over India by state wise.
From India, New Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: zip Manipur.zip (6.94 MB, 59 views)
File Type: zip ALL States Selese Tax Link_files.zip (1.89 MB, 98 views)

jeevarathnam

Hi Divya all you need to do is reach PT office and fill the relavent forms submit them with Address & ID proof
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.