krishnachivukula

hey IR can be called as HARD HR part where as other things r SOFT HR. if u work at IR side, u have to be in manufacturing sector only forever. where IT & ITES wont entertain u in giving job, even u have capability.
one must be very very rough and tough to be part of IR. also should have good command over labour laws and compliance.

From India, Madras
santosh verma

Hi krishna, As per my knowledge would give you more exposure in HR domain and ultimately your demand in the market increases. Regards, Santosh
From India, Bangalore
krishnachivukula

ur somewhat true, but working at IR side is not suggestable according to present job market conditions. good salary and challenging role will there only in IT and ITES sectors at the moment. equally pharmaceutical and other related files aare also handsome.
its all i am telling out of experience and experience of my friends and collegues.
Regards,
GOPALA KRISHNA

From India, Madras
krishnachivukula

hi santosh,
I send u an attached mail to u, regarding HR GENERALIST role. its not at all static anymore. HR role became very dyanmic and more of influencing the strategic and business activities.
apart from basic wings or HR activities, other activities are dynamic in nature and varies from industry to industry.
its very much good sign to all our HR folks. so study well the file i attached and send to u.
Regards,
GOPALA KRISHNA

From India, Madras
shilpa ghosh
hi!
today the percepetion of IR is changed to Emplyee Welfare,now a days in every company we;ve it not only manufacturing sector.
all the coy's are complying acts like,shops and establishmnet act,PF,Gratuity,ESI,Contract Labor license.
now all these are for employee welfare.For this you dont need to be tough,infact soft and feeler so that you can help your employees through these welfare measures which Govt.has made it.
Thankx
Shilpa

From India, Bangalore
santosh verma

hey Shilpa, I agree with you totally. In fact I have experienced the same. Regards, Santosh Verma.
From India, Bangalore
santosh verma

Hey Shilpa, The attachment is already there on the 1st page of this topic. Regards, Santosh Verma.
From India, Bangalore
Sujatha Suresh
Hi Shilpa,

Good to see & know that you have to work on "The very" in and happening topics...

Shilpa, Please do understand that what you come up with is very important for the entire work force.

I would suggest the following:

For The Recruitment Process:

• Have a list of various positions in an organization.

We in fact sit with 4-5 Co-related people to find out the job responsibilities/Accountabilities.Ideally this takes at least 3-4 hrs per job role.

Then work on the associated skills required and decide on the Assessments required.(When Appraisals are related to KRAs etc Then, this process though strenuous is absolutely important to ensure that clarity is arrived at.)

Assessments,In the Recruitment process, make the work easy. We not only have the CVs of the candidates, we also have their Assessments.So we can short list easily. As in an earlier posting in another forum of CiteHr someone had quoted as saying 12K per person is spent during the recruitment process for certain positions. Assessments can help in reducing the cost and steps involved and mainly the stress on the Interviewer and Interviewee to a great extent.

For this process Trained Behavioral Analysts should be present.It is not difficult for anyone to get Trained and we conduct by monthly one such Training.

So actually initially though there is some effort we find Companies can operate independently very soon.

In the case of development of an Individual:

[list]In the case of career development, the role and and accountability is to be understood and evaluated.

His/Her senior is to be also involved

Relevant Assessment is conducted and the person is debriefed with areas where improvement or toning down is required.

See I am sure many will throw up "How can I change and Why?!!!"

But the truth is each of us are learning one thing or the other every day isn't it?

The trying situation presently is very subtle but clear in the message of .. adapt or leave... To change this scenario developed countries have adopted scientific methods which are reliable to help individuals understand from within and then move on. In fact seeing the adapted graph of an individual one can say whether the respective individual is undergoing too much stress for adapting or is having a difficult time personally or is having a very challenging Boss.( So this is the case of identifying the right problem in the first place )

Then the Individual can work to improve in the specific areas

/list]
If the whole process sounds long drawn and confusing then you are free to call me and clarify

I am very eager to know your findings . I suggest please go about the whole process without any bias.

All the best!

Sujatha Suresh

Partnering for Quality of Life

Head-Training and Assessments ; M : 98408 54301

Pravarra

Adyar

Chennai

From India, Bhilai
krishnachivukula

what sujata exactly ur asking me to provide. my mobile no? r what
my mobile no is " 09940141575". can contact me any day. as i am also very much intersted in involving myself in HR related discussions and processes any day.
regards,
GOPALA KRISHNA

From India, Madras
duke
HI Krish,
I want a clarification in your PPT "HR_AVATAR"which states under operational role of HR as 'EEA' what it stands for. Please let me know the full form of it.
ping me at
Thanks and Regards
Duke

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.