No Tags Found!

mike1957

Hi all,
the word HR Generlist is a self explantory. the responsebilites of a HR Generlist are both HR and Personnel. In some cases Admnoinistration functions are also added up. fot isntance I am working as HR Generlist for the past 15 yrs and my functins in nut shell are HR.Personnel and administration. There is no specific or core concentrated functions. I have been looking after all functions of HR.Personnel and administration. In HR Generlist the responsebilities are varied in priority and and concentration. but the purpose, planning, procedures,process,etc are all one and the same.
Michael Nicholas 99400 51706

From India, Madras
Shakila

Hi every one,
I agree with you MN. The word is self explanatory and in the same time it is very vague. As soon as you categorize any thing with Generalist Profile it covers any thing and everything which that particular subject comprise off.
It also gives any individual an opportunity to explore every aspect of the subject and in a way master them all.
In other words you can call it as All Rounder.
Regards
Shakila

From India, Mumbai
Deepa Bhardwaj

Hi Sandeep,

This might help you.

Regards,

Deepa

1.You decided to reorganize the department or work unit that you lead. Tell me how you proceeded with the reorganization?

2.Have you ever been a member of a successful team? If so, describe the role you played on the team and in its success.

3.Give me an example of a time when you played a leadership role in an event, an activity, a department or work unit, or a project. Describe how you led the efforts. Tell me how people responded to your leadership.

4.If I were to ask your reporting staff or your peers to comment about your leadership style, your leadership strengths, and your leadership weaknesses, how would they respond? What would this discussion tell me about you as a leader?

5.Tell me about a time when you created agreement and shared purpose from a situation in which all parties originally differed in opinion, approach, and objectives.

6.What are the three most important values you demonstrate as a leader? Tell me a story that demonstrates each of these leadership values in practice within your workplace.

7.During your work experiences while attending college, tell me about a time when you demonstrated that you have leadership ability and skill.

8.As a leader within an organization, you must often build support for goals and projects from people

9.Tell me about a situation in which you demonstrated that you can build the needed support.

Leadership Job Interview Question Answers

You are questioning to determine whether the candidate has leadership skills or potential. You seek to identify the leadership style of your candidate, from his or her perspective and from the perspective of his or her direct reporting staff and peers. You are determining whether the candidate’s style is congruent with the culture of your organization. It is helpful if you have created beforehand a leadership profile that identifies the skills and traits of successful leaders within your organization.

Leadership style is best demonstrated in stories. Self-examination and commentary is self-serving, at best, in an interview setting. Ask your candidates for many specific stories and examples.

From India, Gurgaon
shilpa ghosh
dear Sujatha
this is nice article it gives an overview on Asessment centres.actually i have been assigned a project on assessment centre & recruitment.
so i have to chalk out a plan keeping its 2 obejective in mind:
Assessment centres is used for :
1.recruitmnet for various positions
2. develpment of an individual.
so keepin these two objectives in mind,kindly guide me how to proceed for this or any other objective you've,pls share.
and also i would like to know in detail about your article,the way you process for it?
thankx
Shilpa

From India, Bangalore
Latha T

Hi Santosh,

These are the common HR Activities which i know.

HR Activities

1. Induction

„X Handling joining formalities for the new recruits.

„X Ensure that e-mail, access cards, login ID Creation, mail ID creation, computers are organized for the new members.

„X Conduct the Induction program for the new recruits on policies, procedures and hierarchy system of the company and introducing the new recruits to the Management team.

„X Organize a meet with the heads of the departments to orient the new member about various departments, people and their goals.

2. Training & Development

„X To identify the Training needs based on feedback from Performance Appraisal/ Departmental Heads & accordingly prepare training schedules.

„X Identify Internal / External Resource personnel for conducting the programmes and validate resource persons for conducting Training events.

„X Prepare training programme for fresh entrants and monitor their progress.

„X Update training records and maintain database of various Trainings conducted and provide data for matrices to keep assessing the HR process.

„X Obtaining trainee¡¦s feedback for determining the effectiveness of training programmes & carrying out modifications if necessary.

3. Payroll process

„X Collect monthly payroll input from various project sites about New Joinees, Resignations, Salary revisions, Loss of pay, on basis of the attendance records maintained.

„X Handle and solve any grievances received from employees regarding salary related matters.

4. Performance Management

„X Facilitating periodical appraisals

„X Participating in performance appraisal sessions and facilitating mutual feedback

„X Analyzing performance scores and presenting findings to Senior Management

„X Identifying training needs emerging from appraisal sessions and tracking the same.

„X Participating and facilitating confirmation reviews of new joinees.

„X Co-ordinating the formulation and implementation of increments.

5. Statutory Compliances

„X File monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual TDS Returns.

6. Employee Relations And Communication

„X Handling employee queries and ensuring swift response time.

„X Internal communications pertaining to Organizational activities.

„X Maintaining, Updating and Communicating HR policies and procedure via

„X Intranet.

„X To advise on company benefits like loans, leave eligibility etc.

„X Responsible for updating and maintaining all personnel data and files.

„X Implement and maintain a disciplined office environment with proper

„X HR policies.

„X Co-coordinating with the Insurance Company for employee medical needs.

7. Exit & Settlements

„X Exit interview.

„X Co-ordinate with internal departments to ensure that the hand over is done properly.

„X Collate exit feedback.

„X Conduct clearance formalities for separation employees.

„X Full and final settlements.

From India, Mumbai
Aru

Hi Santhosh,
HR generalist means one and sole handling entire hr functions or handling all hr activities. See in small companies they wont recruit more hr people. so they wil recruit single body and gives this designation. Evn in large companies also you can find these designations. There also they will be handling all hr activities like recruitment, Training, Compensation and benefits, Performance Appraisal and so on.
Cheers,
harini

From India, Bangalore
Sonal_ab
Hi Santosh !
Job profile for HR Generalist is as follows,
* Manpower Planning
* Recruitment
* Maintaining HR Database
* Completion of Joining formalities of new entrants
* Employee induction & Confirmation
* HR MIS
* Performance Management System [ Quarterly & Annual ]
* Training & Development Activity
* Full & Final Settlement & conducting exit interviews
* OD interventions
* Employee welfare activities
* Policy Adherence
& many more ................
Hope this clarify your doubt.
Bye ,
Sonal

From India, Pune
nishant2110
HR Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Payroll administration
• Administer employee benefit programs
• Prepare and maintain personnel files
• Ensure compliance with all employment laws
• Maintain and update employee handbook as appropriate
• Consult with managers and supervisors as needed to resolve personnel issues
• Recruit, screen and interview candidates
• Facilities Management
Required knowledge, skills, education and experience:
• At least 2 years of HR generalist experience with a hands-on understanding of state & federal laws as as related to employment practices. Emphasis and background in staffing a definite plus.
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred
• Proficient in all Microsoft Products – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Experience working in field office, delivering and supporting the HR policies, procedures and programs of the parent company

santosh verma

Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot for your contributions to the topic.
Let's deviate a bit.
Yesterday I was interacting with one of one of the topguns of a manufacturing company.
I showed my eagerness to swich on to IR when she told me that IR is completly different from HR in a manufacturing unit.
At times I think she was right in a sense but a general HR must include IR.
Isn't That?

From India, Bangalore
santosh verma

Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot for your contributions to the topic.
Let's deviate a bit.
Yesterday I was interacting with one of one of the topguns of a manufacturing company.
I showed my eagerness to swich on to IR when she told me that IR is completly different from HR in a manufacturing unit.
At times I think she was right in a sense but a general HR must include IR.
Isn't That?

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.