No Tags Found!

rengarajan
Give three chances of late coming in a month upto half an hour, beyond which wages cut for half day may be proposed . Even If she is going to come late there after, dont allot any work to her for the whole day .Keep her idle .Repeat the same every time . She might change on this step.
Or if you can find an alternate person ,sack her without any consideration as you are not running any charity organisation . She is only a trainee .Inform her that when she joins someother firm this information will be passed on to her employer which will have very adverse effect on her. she will definitely have fear in this step, if she is really going to go for job in future.

From India, Madras
simki_04
Thanks Ravi for ur valuable suggesstion.....But if this things goes on she may can take it for granted....and in that case other employees can oppose also......

kgurumurthy
I think Ravi is right. Do not terminate her. Develop redundancy and replacement and take care of the work.

Gokuladas
Dear Sohini,
I would place it in record that the notice you gave with threatening language like reduction of salary etc., was wrong in the first place. Instead, you should have taken measures to identify the organisational culture that made the employees to take things for granted like coming late etc. Instead of repeated warning, why dont you try to identify what exactly the problem with that lady and try to find out a solution within the organisational framework. I still believe that you can still talk to her and empathise with her to identify the problem and bring about a solution for the same.
wish you all the best.
Gokul

sandeep.twins

Hi,
From what I can see its now taken a personal turn and not an official one. Hence this has to be dealt not in an official manner. I find that even your ego is getting affected.
Meet her in person not in your cabin, nor in her workplace but try to set up this meeting say at your company canteen ad odd hours.
Start with her. Let her tell all her problems. It will be mostly personal. Only listen. Don't interrupt. She is probably waiting for someone to listen to her.
See whats the the actual reason. Analyse the reasons. Ask her in what way the Organization can help her. Ask her in what way you can help her. Then ask her what she is going to do from her side to improve things.
Observe for a week without any more conversations.
Then if things don't improve you can take the more serious measures which are easier but painful for her, you and the Company.
Regards
Sandeep Powar
:icon10:

malathin
Dear Sohini,
Please check on the following:
  1. At this stage it would be wise for you to withdraw a little bit and bring in HR or somebody that both of you trust and have this girl counselled.Try to salvage the situation.
  2. Invoke your disciplinary procedures, immediately and place this issue on record or your competence and credibility as a manager will come under the scanner at a later date.
  3. Start creating a backup for your project in case this girl quits, as seems to be the case.
Regards,

From France, Clermont-ferrand
kamleshkanojia

Hi,

Problem you are facing is quite common and such type of employees can be found at least in most of the organisiation. Such employeee feel proud in breaking laws and show to other that see how I am nailing down HR

Since this is common prolem, each company has its rules regarding late comming, habitual late comming etc.

You have tried all possibilities and this employee is not ready to improve. As some friend has rightly said, we are not GOD to slove all problems. We should try to help them minimise their personel problem but we can not eliminate thier personel problems.

So, make it clear to her that this is a plicy and you should follow the policy now even if she has to loose her salry - no problem.

Creat report of her absenteeism and give her simple letter giving all this details and lastly write that her habitula late comming and indifferent attitude shall be reviewed at the time of appointment or confirmation.

If she is least bothered and not willing to improve than better you must write to her boss and seek his explanation in the matter.

Employees not willing to accept company policy should be shown doors no matter what great job they are doing.

If you do not treat this as important than discipline in the company will be at stake. Be soft, possitive but within the company policy.

Any way she is a trainee so start looking out for replacement in coordiantion with project head

Kamlesh Kanojia

From India, Mumbai
shyamalkishoremisra

Take a glipmpse of the advice
clarify whether he is competent for your organisation
She does her work with efficiency and effectively
If both things are okay
then
Forget her duties
counsel her
befriend her
try to know which things are hurting her most
pros and cons of job
chances of getting new jobs
impact of reference
I hope discussing these topics can help u come to some conclusion
Either c will change or better sack her

From India, Mumbai
vijubob

hi,
i dont think so frendly meeting with her it wont help so send the notice to her thru written communication and recuirt another persoon becos it will afftect your compoany performance level and prodcutivity so please be strcit with company policy because based onthis other people will start like .......
so dont wait please take quick reaction on this....
regards
viji

From India, Madras
padmapakki
Dear Ms.Sohini basu,
I read ur mail and i understood that the employee is not attending her duty well. Here i have two solutions.
1. First find out whether her execuses are all genuine. Have an open talk with her. Find out the reason for her behaviour. If u feel that her answers are genuine, u can offer a solution. If she is really interested in work but not able 2 manage the timings, u can offer flexible time to her provided if she is an knowledge worker. U can also offer work from home.
2. If u find out that she is not intersted in work and intentionally leaving the workplace, u can take disciplinary action of giving counseling, warning, suspension and finally termination.
Hope my solutions will work out.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.