No Tags Found!

manusharma
hi,read ur problem, speaking kindly but firmly to her may be the first step.Find out if she does have a genuine problem ,at home,or workplace and finally psychological.Also a gentle reminder of her responsibilities may not be out of place.Once convinced that despite ur efforts there is no response or improvement, a graded response may be resorted to.A recorded counselling, failing which disciplinary action under the powers vested on u as her superior.Remember indiscipline tolerated for long or ignored will have very a bad effect on the rest of the team,aswell as undermine ur authority.Even if ur problematic employee is brilliantly gifted and professionally sound ,such qualities may have to be sacrificed at the alter of organisational interest and teamwork
From India, Delhi
R.Krishna
Indiscipline of any sort in any organization can not only be contagious but also be very demoralising for the other staff. She has to leave the organisation, otherwise there will be a consequential negative impact on the other employees.Since you have exhausted all the civilised ways of making her rectify her ways, you do not have any option but to start building up a case against her by issuing her memos first.From what you have said about her, she will definitely react and in all probability will quit.

kalyani_hr
Hi Sohini,
I guess you have already tried to discuss this issue with her,now it's time to discuss and escalate this issue with your higher authorities.At the same time you will have to take into account "her performance and role in project " .At the end what is more important for a Hr person is "not loosing and rather reataining a good resource for your company".So,before talking to your higher management make a quick summary of her performance details(like previous and current performance appraisal ratings"),and if her attendence is affecting your company's project perfrmance or other team members then highlight this issue to management with proper proofs.
finally you can issue a warning letter (preliminary) regarding poor attendence .this action becomes sometimes necessary as other team members are prone to follow the same steps if they find that management is taking matters lightly.so as far now instead of ternination first send her 1st warning letter and ask for her immediate action on it.Also,if she/he has any kinds of personal problems ask her that she is always welcome to come and discuss but if at all this attitude involves any kind of ego issues then it will not be entertained here

Regards
Kalyani

From India, Mumbai
sense
Hi Sohini,ATTITUDE plays significant role in all the companies. I think she may have some personal problem try to analyse that and ask her close friends about this and then talk to her how her attitude will affect the carreer. In case if she is not changing herself ask her to take leave for a month and let solve her issues. Because if it contnues, then that type of culture will create ripples in other trainees also. Try to create second line to take up the work always. We need all rounder not only in cricket but also in office. Regards,SPS
From India, Madras
myjobmantri

This lady is a psychologically disturbed person. I say this because she has no concerns on her job security, no respect for authority and no dedication to her job or the organization. I think you should advice her to seek psychological help.
Also we need to know some personal information of this lady like her age, is she single, married or in a relationship? This information is not for me to know but for you to analyze if these are the factors that are influencing such an attitude of her towards work and yourself. If you are insecure about dealing with this yourself I suggest you speak to her on a one to one basis and ask her if there is anything that you or the company can do to help change the situation. Also tell her she needs psychological help if the lady is mature enough otherwise do not bother as you will put yourself in a soup. When people are told that they need psychological help they think we are calling them mad - which is so not the case.

From India, Bangalore
shardadevi

HI
Do following steps
1) Meet and speak friendly let u know her problem
2) Study her attitude her family backround and her importantance in job
3) If she is not needy then issue her warning letter according to act standing order act 1946.
Report to senior person about her behavior
Regards
Dilip

From India, Pune
scotzshweta

well ma'm, im jus an MBA fresher with no inhand experience as such. So jus would like to put myself into your shoes n put forward what would i do in a similar situation:
I feel end of the day we expect "output" ans "productivity of the employee". So i would seeif the employe is productive enough or not from her/his past records.
If she has been consistently being productive, i would, with due permission from top management" try to accomodate her with a flexible timing. I would ask her what time suits her the best,i.e, if 9 to 5 is not working out for her, i would alott her 10 to 7 or 11to 8 schedule..
if still it doesnt work, i would tell her to "workfrom home" alternate days.. but there should not be any compromise done to the productivity.
This way, u would not lose a potential employee (avoidig attrition) and at the same time the productivity/quality of output would be maintained.
Hope it would work..
Regards,
Shweta Jha.

From India, Mumbai
anand_b1990
Dear All,
We Were Having A Mutual Understanding With Union Before Agreement, That, Copmpany Will Take Mediclaim Policy For Unionsed Workers . But It Was Not Came In Final Agreement. Now, Our Corporate Office Is Refusing For Mediclaim Policy. As A Hr Manager , I Was One Part For Giving Commitment For Mediclaim. We Are Having A Mou Signed On plain Paper.
what Should I Do?
anand B

From India, Pune
jdeepthi
Hi Sohini,
Friendly gesture won't always help , there are certain things where you should be strict because this will influence other employees.
----> Analyse her performance and get facts which proves her lapse in the work
punctuality also
----->send her warning in written high time to stop counselling
----->one of the dear member's suggestion which I would go with is give her notice and search for a replacement
Deepthi.J

From India, Madras
anand.wakode
Dear Friend, As an HR guy you have to know the exact problem,why she is behaveing in this manner? Be friendly with her & solve her problem.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.