No Tags Found!

a_tam

Rupali !! I do agree with you...no emotions are bigger than HR values, rules and regulations. Aruna
From India, New Delhi

I think u should clearly send her an official mail about her irresponsible behaviour. There are other sincere candidates also waiting for a good job , u can always have better candidates work with you. I faced similar problem wioth my junior and friendly behavoior of me and my senoirs too did not work. May be I may sound harsh , but at times being an Hr you should be staright forward...............
From India, Hyderabad
hsankararaman
Dear Ms.Sohini,
Really very nice to hear from you that the lady started correcting herself and started coming to the Office on time.
I have one more idea. To make her to understand the Organiztional Values, how many people contributed their ideas and time. Everything for her Only and for her benefits Only!
Take a print out all these people suggestions and give it to her. Give her One full day to read and apprehend those ideas.
Definitely she will change herself! Thereby you are helping her both professionally and personally! You need not advise anything! Tell her to read patiently all these HR & Other People' Suggestions.
Thanks & Regards,
H.Sankararaman

asimfarakka
Positively thinking, she may have been passing a tough days for her Mom who is not getting well. Please discuss with her if she has any genuine problem from home front. If so, please tell her that the project she is looking after has some target date to complete. If she is unable to do so, the same can be taken away from her to get done by someone. Give her a certain time to get disciplined. If her attitude is for other non-understandable reasons, you can talk to your higher-ups for disciplinary actions.
Asim

From India, Jalandhar
seth vivek

hi sohani
All the replies given are with a positive attitude but if the lady employee is taking it as granted then it is going to effect the organisational atmoshpere the other employee will start following the same then it will become mess & you wont be in a position to handle . and as mentioned by soumen paul minimise the responsibilty. and add a backup let the felling of unsecurity of job enter in her mind
let her be puzzle minimse the communication ,reduce her importance
let's see weather it works
regards
vivek

From India, Ahmednagar
kumargourav08

Hi All,

As per my understanding in this case, even the employees have any personal problem then also he / she have to maintain the integrity of the company policy.

I thing you should have to take on PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) for one month. Although her attitude is same and she is not following the rules of the company. Then its time for DAP (Disciplinary action plan), put he on DAP for one month and review the changes after the month time.

If in your company you do not have the policy of PIP & DAP, you can ask that employee to resign for the services.

Thanks & Regards
Kumar Gourav

From India
sameerkahu
Dear Rohini
Before taking any harsh step, i believe u should try and talk to her parents or relatives and discuss with them about her behaviour. You will definitely get some cues of why she is doing these things.
This suggestion sounds a bit out of the way, but you never know you may get the solution
Regards
SAMEER KAHU

From India, Mumbai
Shivani Joshi

I dont know why you are tolerating her. Just tell her to maintain the discipline in office and maintain the dignity in office
From India, New Delhi
PVQ

Hi Sohini,

Does your company have an Employee Handbook/ Policies & procedures manual? If so time keeping must/should have been addressed.

From what I gather( via your email) the employee has an attitude as well as a problem with time.

As you have already spoken with her ( once? twice? a number of times?) I would suggest that you follow the verbal warning routine- 3 verbal warnings ( please document the dates) and then a written warning.

Do not make a vandetta of this but do it professionally.

I would also suggest that you find out if she has family who are dependant on her/ her mother has a serious life threatening illness/is disabled etc.

These could be mitigating factors in her attitude based on responsibility & stress. However if she is a bolshy person who is trying you on for size,then fling the rule book at her. Bear in mind that other employees will be monitoring the situation and if she gets away with her behaviour you will have similar problems with others.

Take a deep breath/dont take it personally & check your policies.

Regards

PVQ

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Jyoti Y.
Hi,

I think she is getting too much importance in your company and as you have already mentioned that she is handling a project alone and in her absence project will suffer that’s the main reason and she knows very well that you people will tolerate all these things due to urgency of project. It is very clear from her attitude & the way she is giving reply so as per company policy you should take an action. Talking to her parents or relatives and discuss with them about her behavior, don’t think it would be professional. May be she is not happy with your company.

Regards,
Jyoti.

From India, Bombay
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.