Ramesh Sood

Last week, I was travelling with a colleague who is doing quite well and has earned a good reputation for himself. We started discussing about what was happening around in the organisation when I , in all honesty, expressed that somehow I was not able to stand politics and that it infuriated me to see people indulging in it and many a time making talent suffer. And he gave a very interesting response. He said that we need to constantly perform with all our talent because that is what organisation demands and accept politics as a natural phenomenon while learning to protect ourselves against it. He gave an example of weather and said that when temprature changes to high and low degrees we simply take actions to protect ourselves against it through various means and in the situations when no means are available, lets say in case of sudden rain, we accept it and just pass through it . That's how we need to manage the weather in the organisation. We must understand the situation and think how can we protect ouselves and go about taking necessary actions and precautions.

Great words, these! Yes, one will have to learn to first accept the fact that politics happens and then learn to handle 'politics' which has this tendency to show its presence in pockets in any organisation. Many a time people come together to find solutions for certain issues but they tend to spend more time discussing people to put the onus for the problem. It's true. So we need to learn to face the weather in organisation too just as we do it with nature. What do you say? Lets discuss.

From India, Pune
Renee2010
I agree...politics is somewhat part of human nature. We have to manage it the best way we can while maintaining our own objectives and goals.
From United States, Seattle
kpournima_7385

I AGREE BUT DO YOU THINK THAT NOBODY CAN CHANGE IT. SIR POLITICS IS MENTALITY TO DO WRONG THINGS TO PROVE OUR SELFS IS GREATER THAN OTHER OR TO PROVE I AM THE BEST BY WRONG THINGS TO MAKE SECURITY TO SOME THINGS BY KEEPING OTHERS IN TO THE TROUBLE AND WHAT THAT IS WRONG THING. BY PROTECTING OURSELVS CAN WE BE SAFE FOR LONG TIME? iT MEANS WE SHOULD FIGHT ALL THE TIME TO KEEP US FREE FROM OTHERS NONSENCE. RIGHT? GOOD THIS CAN BE THE WAY
From India, Pune
Ramesh Sood

No Pournima, we can always change ourselves and only try to change others without any guarantee. It's the difference between being a nice person or not being a nice person. It's about values. And once you choose to be a nice person who would not like to get manipulated, you will have to coose the consequences also - good or bad. Trust me none can continue to be bad with you if you continue to be good. difficult but possible. It's about being professional in real terms. Read The Professional by Mr. Subroto Bagchi, you will get many answers. I got some. But finally it is our choice. Trust me every one behaves and acts exacrly as per his / her own level of understanding. That's it.
From India, Pune
pratapkamble

Negative politics is such waste of time .
In professionalism we talk about time Managment,Resource Managment.
And By politics we are Just wasting our time ,Money and Many More .
Human makes there life complicated.
Good character,good culture,could minimise this evil.
Regards
Pratap

From India, Pune
Chinsi
Help Plz,
Can any one telll me how to trace the gmail id from were the person is sending ...from past few months m gettting very bad mails which i cant even tell also ...so plz help me out friends..
Regards,
Madhuri

From India, Bangalore
Jackie7651

Good post - remember, it is always easier to be 'bullet proof' than to try and dodge bullets. As HR professionals we 'take it on the chin' sometimes with comments and opinions but as long as we remain balanced and fair at work and not get too involved in office politics we are all the better for it. A wise man once said 'you cannot be walked unless you are lying down'. Remain true to your principles.
From Canada, Woodstock
ukmitra

Hey Madhuri,
Seems you have posted your message in wrong forum. However to guide you, 1. First do not delete the message sent by the sender for time being. 2. Take a print-out of the message with full_header and submit the same in your nearest police station. The header will have the IP address of the sender 3. Cyber police will trace the fellow and file a case against him.
Otherwise, just block the e-mail ID using your spam filter.
All the best,
Ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Vaishali Jain

Good example... basically wat i believe is politics is bound to creep in when people are together with their different interests of being together...
there are two ways of handling it...
if u have this talent in u.. then jump into it and win...
else jst avoid it... ; and dont forget to be focused on wat objective of being there....
(precisely.. love it or leave it!!!!!!!!!)

From India, Delhi
datapointshyam

Fighting and sailing your boat against the waves in a political situation is ruining your own fame and image....nobody will support you..nowdays Gladiator does not win.....One has to know how to take it easy and float in life and not fight with life. You can't fight with the waves but you can learn to float
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.