No Tags Found!

1sandhya

Sir, Can an employee merge his GPF account with the EPF account? If it is possible what are the procedures for merging?
From India, Pathanamthitta
umakanthan53

Dear Sandhya,
GPF is applicable to Government employees whereas EPF is applicable to industrial employees.
GPF is administered by the Accountant General whereas EPF by the EPFO.
Therefore, it is not possible to merge one with another.

From India, Salem
loginmiraclelogistics

Dear Umakanthan sir,
I also faced same situation when during my early days of job career after completion of my studies I joined an estt following GPF & DCRG/CCR rule after 3.5 yrs I switched to a CPSU following EPF(Trust)PGA/PBA. Consequently I couldn't transfer my pre.balance to the EPFTrust hence had to encash. But in this link the poster informed, 'with special permission' (though vice-versa) PF transfer was possible. Can you pl.give your views of similar instances/ practices or rule you could have come across in the matter?
https://www.citehr.com/32983-epf-vs-gpf-transfer.html

From India, Bangalore
umakanthan53

Dear Mr.Kumar,

Already, in respect of Central Govt employees who belong to non-pensionable services, Contributory Provident Fund Scheme has been in vogue under the Contributory Provident Fund(India) Rules,1962 and for employees belonging to pensionable service category, GPF is applicable. If I remember correct, those employees who come into service on or after 01-04-2003 are not eligible for pension but entitled to CPF. There is provision in the CPF Rules,1962 for change over to GPF in case of the Govt employees getting transferred to pensionable service later. Here the facility of transfer from one service to another is the criterion for conversion.

If the same analogy is applied, there is no possibility of conversion from EPF to GPF as inter-services transfer is not available between Private/Public Sector and Govt Services. Hence, in my opinion, no possibility of transfer of funds from CPF to GPF and vice versa except final withdrawal when the subscriber ceases to be a member.

From India, Salem
loginmiraclelogistics

Thank you sir. This is just for info., during that time also my CPSU informed me if the parent employer was willing to transfer the cash equivalent of EPF & Gratuity/leave they were willing to accept the b/fd credits to be merged with Trust's a/c. Since I was in need of money in connection with my marriage I preferred to withdraw. In the process I lost the cr. to gratuity & leave a/c as well.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.