Pf, Esi, Placement, Payroll & Labour
Personnel & Pay Roll

Dear all
Balance of provident fund can be transferred by filling up of Form 13 under PF Misc Prov Act 1952. But can balance of Provident fund (Under PF Act) be transferred to Provident fund(under GPF Act)?. Follow the following example.
Mr X is working in an a private Organisation covered under PF Act after few years he left the Organisation and join in a central or state govt. job where GPF is applicable. So is he able to transfer his/her balance to current employer form past employer. And think the example vice versa
gurupada pramanik

From India, Delhi
Regarding ur query, we faced a similar situation recently, the difference was only that in our case GPF money was needed to be tranferred to EPF Account.
In this case, we took special permission from the competent authority to transfer the GPF Amount to EPF Amount as the concern is a State Govt. undertaking as was originaly covered under GPF Scheme and we got the GPF amount transferred to EPF account of the employees.
However, there is no such provision in EPF Act, to transfer the EPF money in any other account other than EPF account, but similarly there is no provision in the act to transfer any other amount to EPF account, but we got it done by taking special permission from the competent authority.
Therefore I believe, in your case too you can approach to take the special permission to transfer the EPF money to GPF account.
Gud luck.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™