No Tags Found!

Mohammed.Rafi
Hi....,
Friends, i am working in a small organisation as a instructor. I have a problem in understanding the difference between Casual Leave and Anual leave.
When should we say CL and AL.
PLz answer........
rafi-wgl

From India, Hyderabad
faisalb4u
As already much hav been discussed in the length about the leaves and holidays in the above posts, I dont have to define or say what's the correct practise.
But there is something like that if you mix your leave with the national or proposed holiday then that day of holiday may be counted as a leave. (although i m not sure of that !!!)
For example: If saturday is a working day at your office and you take two leaves, leaves on saturday and monday (with sunday being a natural holiday) then in such a situation it may be counted as three leaves.
Regards,
Faisal Mustafa Khan

moorthysan
Dear Deepali
The same is the case for me also. On two three occasions I put up this case to my management, but there is no development.
The reason can be stated is that construction industry is different from other.
However I think that the following guidlines can be taken into account
Minimum Casual leave in an year 6 DAYS
Privilege leave 1.75 DAYS for every completed month
Sundays Extra wages (allow 2 sundays compulsory off)
p this

From India, Mumbai
pramod pandey

Hi ,
National Holidays like 26Th Jan. , 1st May ( Intlnal Labour day and in Maharashtra it is Maharashtra Day ), 15th August and 2nd October can not be included in Leave. If any one working on National Holiday have to pay double salary. Please convince to your employer otherwise in future they will face problems by Government authorities.
Thanks,
Pramod
Pramod Pandey

From India, Mumbai
usha HR

Hi
Holidays & leaves are differenct.
As per Shops & Establishment Act, Holidyas should be 10-13 days and leaves are 12 sick leaves, 12 casual leaves and 15 earned days for employees who have completed 240 working days. Employees are eligible for earned leaves from the date of joining but can utilised them only after the completion of 240 working days. Until earned will be in their credit.
Bye
Usha

From India, Hyderabad
ashurath
I just saw the opinions of all the members. I am working for a small BPO for US healthcare industry. My organization does not allow any leave or holiday (including national holidays) to its employees. Loss of manhour is given as the reason. I am told there is no law that empowers the employees in such a situation to claim leave or holiday. Even one of the postings here mentions this. Can anybody throw some more light on it? It is extremely rare to find an organization that does not allow any leave or holiday (except Sunday in my case) to its employees. I feel whether the law of the land allows it or not, there are so many other factors that are influenced by such harsh rules. I hope to find some genuine input from our learned members. Thank you all.
Ashutosh

Madhu.T.K

Basically National Holidays (Jan 26, Aug 15 and Oct 02) are mandatory holidays. In addition to these a company shall allow Festival Holidays according to the local area. As posted by earlier these are fixed days and one cannot postpone an emergency work to a future holiday. This necessitates allowing of Leaves to employees.
There is provision in the Factories Act to provide for one day leave every 20 days worked.The Shops and Establishments Act (which is a State Act and hence the rules differ from state to state) also provides for leave with wages. BPOs donot follow these due to negligence of the concerned government authorities.
When these BPOs feel and argue that they are exempted from the operation of labour laws, there cannot be found any specefic communication in this regard. These are really centres of profit. If at all any leniency could be shown it should be a non profit venture but unfortunately these are centres of minting or mounting profit and money at the cost of India Labour. Therefore, they are not suppose to say about loss of man hours and reject even the National Holidays. A company should have a common policy of itsown which should reflect the leave, holidays, weekly off etc applicable to the employees. We the citehr members can advise others, suggest others but we cannot rule. The authority to issue orders to such BPOs and other organisations who deter rights of employees is the appropriate government. Therefore, initiative should come from the government. Let's hope the government will see to it.

Regards,

Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
deepali_patrikar

Dear Usha,
Thanks for the reply. Well you have stated in your post that Shop and Establishment Act that there are 10-13 Holidays to be declared by the organisation but there is no mention in the act as such. The 21 days mandatory leave is mentioned and there is a mention of 4 National Holidays but no mention of Holidays, could you please tell me the exact Section and the amendment you are referring to. It would be of great help if you give me the exact section number.
Thanks
Regards,
Deepali

From China
samar.adv
The HR of the Co. must be idiot or have no management or Knowledge, if they continue do this tell them their Co. may stop working if Registrar or court takes action, also if they count 15th August as leave it violate all laws of India including Constitution and Indian Penal Code, for that they even may go to jail and their Co. or firm or whatever it is will be wind Up.
From India, Delhi
Aanchal Chhabria
Dear Arvind,
I have a query,if you could help me resolve
Our organisation has 7 casual, 7 medical and 20 priveleged leave.
The casual and medical leave can be availed only after completion of six months period and priveleged leave can be availed after completion of one year of service, and is calculated on prorata service completed in the previous year of service.The leaves are as per financial year i.e April to March.
The query that i have is -
A person who has joined in Apri08 and has completed his probation in September 08, whether he can avail all his 7 casual from October'08 or it is calculated on pro-rata basis for the months he has served.
Regards
Aanchal

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.