No Tags Found!

lokeshsharma9

Dear Members, Please clear my one doubt in the EL calculation.
I want to ask when we have 365 days in a year. but when we calculate EL then we consider only 240 days
the formula is 240/20 =12
A total of 12 EL will be provided.
The question is that in 365 days in a year and calculation is on 240 days
then
365 -240 =125 days
kindly tell me which 125 days is excluded out of 365 days and what is the rule for that to take 240 days for calculation for El.
I would be thankful.

From India, Delhi
KK!HR

The 240 days calculation is for the purpose of eligibility i.e., to be eligible one has to put in 240 days of continuous service. Once 240 days service is completed in a year, then 12 days EL will get added.
From India, Mumbai
JAWAHAR LAL MOONDRA

It is like this
First time eligibility is after 240 days working in an establishment.

Thereafter Earned leave shall get accumulated as under -

a. In case of establishment registered under The Shop & Establishment Act - @ 1 Earned leave for every 12 days worked

b. In case of establishment registered under The Factory & Boiler Act - @ 1 Earned leave for every 20 days worked

and the calculation shall be like this -

1. No of days in a year - 365 days
2. Less: Weekly Holidays - 52 days
3. Less: National Holidays - 3 days (26th January, 15th August & 2nd October)
4. Less: Other Paid holidays for festivals like Dipawali, Holi, Ed, Rakhsa Bandhan, Ganesh Chaurthi and/or other festivals, election day, heavy rains, strike, bandh etc. - 10 days per year
5. Balance Working Days - 300 days
6. Earned Leave - Max. 25 days in case of establishment registered under The Shop & Establishment Act depending upon the number of days actually worked
7. Earned Leave - Max. 15 days In case of establishment registered under The Factory & Boiler Act depending upon the number of days actually worked

Jawaharlal Moondra
98290 28028

From India, Jodhpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.