No Tags Found!

Dear HR Team,
My Query is about withdrawal of PF of resigned employee.I am working as HR-Executive and i need your suggestion in this particular case. An employee \"X\" was working in our organisation till august 10th but due to some reasons she expired on aug 19th.. what are the procedures and how their family can withdraw her PF. She has nominated her mother name and she is unmarried..

From India, Bangalore

Hi Kavita, I think death certificate and Mother’s supporting documents are good to go. Regards, Monica
From India, Pune

As per the rule, EPF should be given to the nominated person in such cases so her mother is only the person can avail EPF of your employee by providing valid ID proof and the death certificate for the employee,
From India, Lucknow

As per my understanding, her nominee i.e. her mother (as you mentioned) has to fill up the details in form 20 under EPFS 1952 & submit to her organization (HR TEAM) with relevant documents i.e. death certificate etc..
Also, the nominee has to fill up the details in FORM 5(IF) under EDLIS 1976 to avail the benefits under the scheme of PF Act & submit to organization (HR TEAM).
Best Regards,

From Australia

Dear Kavita,
Please ask deceased employees mother to visit your office and get the forms Form - 20, Form - 10D, and Form - 5 (if) completed. Please get the death certificate original from the claimant. My experience is the EPFO authority accepts the original (Chennai region), as usual produce from 3a (if applicable).
You can easily get the job done. Now a days the claims are being settled in less than 15 days of time if all the necessary documents are pakka.
All the best!!

From India, New Delhi

Nominee is entitled for all the benefits in this case as per my opinion. I will suggest you to contact the PRO of the o/o RPFC and get all the related forms free of cost, fill up as per provisions along with relevant documents and file in the o/o RPFC.
This will save your time, energy and money .
AK Chandok
RPFC (Retd.)
<link no longer exists - removed>

From India, Chandigarh

Hello Kavita, Enclosed herewith details for your kind perusal. Thanking you, Regards, Ashish
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Details for Death Claim PF.DOC (44.0 KB, 4102 views)


Hello Kavita, The claim of PF withdrawal will be submitted by nominee to the concerned HR for further process.
From India, Barddhaman

ask the Nominee to fill up the forms for settlement. enclsoe copies of the form 3a till the period of working. Fill up all the columns and forward it to the PF office with a covering letter stating that the employee passed away and settlement may be done immediately. if you are a visitor often to the pf office, then enquire the status and inform them. now adays the settlement is done very quickly.
From India, Madras

Dear Friend,
Please find attached Form No.20, 10D & Form No 5 get it filled and signed from their employer and submit to the PF deptt along with following documents.
For withdrawal & EDLI benefits
1. ID cum of address proof of nominee.
2. Certified true copy of Bank pass book/cancelled cheque.
3. Original death certificate
Family Pension
1. ID cum of address proof of nominee.
2. ID cum address proof of family members (Spouse & Children's below the age of 18 years)
2. Certified true copy of Bank pass book in nationalized Bank authorized by EPFO like PNB, SBI, Allhabad Bank etc).
3. Original death certificate
4. pass port size photographs of family members.

From India, Jaipur
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Form20.pdf (498.7 KB, 1586 views)
File Type: pdf Form5IF.pdf (292.1 KB, 793 views)
File Type: pdf Form10D.pdf (296.9 KB, 691 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.