crabbiness
Dear Senior,

I write this post seeking help for a professional issue that I am facing. I was employed in the capacity of a Senior Editor in a research editing company. At the time of joining, I was simply given an acceptance of offer letter to sign and told appointment letter will be given later. It has been 9 months and still no appointment letter in sight in spite of repeated reminders to the management and HR. After being fed of bad behavior and professional hassles, I resigned last week. My boss asked me to serve one month notice for resignation to be accepted. I cited that in the absence of an appointment letter the question of a notice period doesn't arise. Then my boss mellowed down and asked me to rethink and that we will talk about it this week. After 2 days my official ID was blocked without intimation. Thankfully I had forwarded the email trail of my resignation with my boss to my personal ID. It has been a week and no correspondence from the management. I have been repeatedly emailing and calling and they dont even respond to anything. Even the HR has asked me to not disturb him. I request my seniors to guide me. In the absence of a resignation acceptance letter, will my email resignation act valid in the next job I go to? What can I do to resolve this hostile attitude of the management? Do I have to resort to legal means? I have worked for 9 years as a journalist and with reputed organizations in India and abroad and never faced anything like this. Please help me.

From India, Bhubaneswar
nathrao

Put up a polite letter wherein you need to bring in the aspect of lack of appointment order and all other relevant details like -no response,no reply,blocking of ID.(enclose copies).
Address this letter to Chairman or MD.
Put in a date of resignation and tell them that you are no longer an employee from------(date).
Make sure that no company item is held with you.
What were the contents of letter of acceptance of offer?
Anything mentioned about exit or notice period etc??
In the circumstances you have mentioned,your email and registered letter acknowledgement due will serve as valid resignation.
Probably this letter can be drafted and sent by your advocate.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.