No Tags Found!

paoloarao
Hi Ed,
Thank you so much for spending time to answer my question regarding competency dictionary. I just need an assurance that I'm on the right track. Appreciate it alot.
You might have some important reminders to share with me as I do our competency dictionary. Any input from you is highly valuable and will definitely be observed as I complete this task.
Again, thank you so much in advance Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Miss ko na ang pinas. First christmas away from family.
Best regards,
Paolo Arao

From Philippines, Makati
paoloarao
Hi Ed,
Hope you can help me with this. In doing job evaluation, we put weight value on position requirement/criteria. Sometimes the scales are 3 sometimes 4. Would it be possible that at one competency may it be behavioral or technical required proficiency levels may contain only 3 levels or 5 levels, or 6 levels etc.? Do I really have to define 5 levels with behavioral indicators for each competency (behavioral and technical)?
Hope you can shed some enlighthenment on this.
Regards,
Paolo Arao

From Philippines, Makati
Ed Llarena, Jr.

hi!
Job Evaluation factors are completely different from competency proficiency levels.
JE factors used and their points equivalent is dependent on the type of JE methodology that one is using.
Hence, when one is using the HayGroup Profile method, jobs are evaluated according to the factors: Knowhow, Problem Solving, and Accountability. The equivalent points are based on the chart where such factors are shown.
Competency proficiency levels are simply "degrees" assigned to each category to signify their differences from each other.
The use of 3 degrees, 4 degrees, or 5 degrees depends on the one creating the dictionary. but as I said earlier, it is easier to use the same number of degrees or proficiency levels, regardless of the tye of competency being used, i.e. whether it is behavioural or not.

From Philippines, Parañaque
davidtaylor.hrdx

Hi I read some ideals about this topic. I do not agree about them at all. If you want more materials, you can find out some articles at sidebar. Rgs
From Vietnam, Phú Tho
davidtaylor.hrdx

I found that there are good doc file related to this topic, you can search citehr box with keywords related and doc file. Please use search box at the top of site to find this question. Rgs
From Vietnam, Phú Tho
Ed Llarena, Jr.

David,
You said in your earlier comment that:
"I read some ideals about this topic. I do not agree about them at all".
It would be interesting to hear your ideas on this topic. Simply saying that you dont agree is not a substantive input where members can react and get the views of others.
Open discussion is the only way by which we can present, argue, and exchange ideas on this topic. This way we can continuously improve knowledge on the subject matter at hand.
Best regards from the beautiful city of Riyadh, KSA.
Ed Llarena, Jr.
Managing Partner
Emilla Consulting

From Philippines, Parañaque
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.