No Tags Found!

skhadir

Dear Vivek Sang,

These are not IDEAS but it is the BITTER TRUTH. We need to look into this world from a different angle. You will find interesting facts.

In continuation with my earlier post, i would like to share few more points.

We often talk about employees but we never had a discussion about the management or organisation. If management knows how to motivate and compensate their employees by all means, i am sure employees will never demand for more. On the other hand, even after doing good business, if management fails to compensate their employees, i am sure, thing will go wrong.

Infact, it is the management who need to have clear cut policies to deal with various types of employees. HR professionals always point outs employee mistakes but they never spoke anything about their management because they will lose their job, if they do so. That's the reason why employees call employees call HR PROFESSIONALS AS BOSS PET.

Hope you understood my practical study.

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
kannanmv

Dear Mr.Shaik Abdul Khadir,

I trust that you will kindly permit me to add my observations to the three categories of employees you have rightly highlighted.

Employees first category share knowledge and skills they possess, open minded, accept and nuture new ideas. Encourage reverse mentoring (even if the idea is from a less experienced employee he accepts him as a mentor). Delegates assignments with full trust. Passes on laurels and bouquets received for good work done from the managment to his colleagues and accepts brick bats for wrong deeds himself (avoids passing the buck). He stays in the organisation relatively longer, believes that he has an important role in the organisation.

The second category feels that he is responsible for all the good and wrong deeds. Tries to do everything by himself, seldom delegates (has a feel that others cannot do better than him), tries to thrust his methodology to others. Seldom listens to new ideas. But due to his inherent passion for his job carries on the job meticulously. He stays in the organisation long enough but quits the organisation in a huff (The EQ part you have mentioned). The reason for his departure could be quite trivial.

The last category as you have aptly pointed out always looks for the carrot and unwilling to look at the stick that comes in the form of criticism. Passes the buck, plays the blame game and tries to get away with wrong deeds by quitting the job. He is a rolling stone and does not gather moss. He will be a job hopper (does not stick on to a job for more than 2 - 3 years)

M.V.KANNAN

From India, Madras
vivek sang

Dear Kannan,
If you come close to employees they see you as their mentor. A good HR department works as a bridge between the Management and Employee. The management is happy to pass on the reasonable increase but employees find out that reasonable increase to be too little at their end.
To me the problem occurs when the HR departments fails in explaining the either side that they are not justified in pressing their demand/order.

From India, Buldana
skhadir

Dear Mr. Kannan, A perfect addition to my study. Thank you very much for providing relevant and factual information. Kindly keep sharing. With profound regards
From India, Chennai
dsaurav

Dedicated employees who come in the A or even the B category of performance-driven guys, need Responsibility and Authority more than money. So, I feel if you empower them suitably and make them feel important (not that their ego gets bloated) then they will feel motivated to put in their best always.
Saurav Das
Oakwood Training Ventures
Navi Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
vivek sang

Dear , Sure. As I also would like to know the view of various professionals.
From India, Buldana
vivek sang

Dear Puneet.Khurana,
I agree with you. Appreciation with a note about his/her shortcomings is a good idea and conveying your faith in his/her ability that he/she can overcome his/her shortcoming can do very well.

From India, Buldana
bodhisutra

Money and hike has an unmistakable role in ensuring high morale but it is only one factor.
If they do good work, praise them in public.
People are motivated if they get the flexibility to make a job their own (i.e. less of micromanagement) and be responsible for its success (and of course, failure)

From India, Delhi
vivek sang

Its really good motivator Bodhisutra only for those employee to whom appreciation means a lot but not for workers to whom its difficult to met ends. What I realised with my experience that they need the combination of both.
From India, Buldana
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.