DEVANGI vegda
Dear All,
I need your instant help. Actually my co. is into sales and services. We do glass installation in buildings, hotels, offices, and malls.
In our co. , employees who are installers need to move from one site to another and they do not come to the office.
Now the problem is related to conveyance.
They get complete conveyance reimbursed from home to site. And as per my manager we should minus the amount/k.m from home to the posted location and only pay for over and above milage.
Employees who stay quite far from the posted location protesting this policy saying their salary is quite low and they live far from the posted location and in such case they need to pay complete amt. of conveyance from their own pocket which they can not afford.
Plz help me in making a coveyance policy which is in favour of both-co. & employee.
Its a startup co. so we really need to control our cost but at the same time we need to ensure that our employees do not suffer.
Plz help me in finding the mid way.
Regards,
Devangini vegda

From India, Ahmedabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Those installers on monthly basis how many kilometers will travel? . Their travel range is restricted within the city or they are required to travel outside the city as well ? You need to analyze their monthly reimbursement bill. Based on the outcome you can fix a fixed monthly conveyance amount so that either party should not suffer. But whatever fixed conveyance you arrive at should be reasonable.

By the by being Installers they should be carrying some instruments to execute the work right ? If so why not the company can organize some own transportation like mini van that would make the whole process easy.

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Devangini Vegda,

Suppose 'A' is the number of Kilometers that the average employee commutes from home to the office.

Suppose 'B' is the number of Kilometers that the average employee commutes from home to the project site.

The employees are claiming the conveyance allowance for 'B', whereas your manager wants the conveyance allowance to be paid for (B-A) only.

In the right earnest, to keep the motivation of the employees high, payment for 'B' is the best option. The dissatisfaction arising out of non-payment of the total conveyance should not affect the quality of work. It may, in turn, impact the customer satisfaction.

Otherwise, Mr Lakshminarayan has recommended arranging transportation from the office to the project site. This is a very good suggestion.

By the way, what is the cost for 'B' against the total project cost? I don't think that it is that high to cut corners further. Probably the manager is living with the dogma that every Rupee saved in operations goes to the profit. However, if the amount in percentage is too small then let it be factored in as the staff cost.

While submitting the quotation for future projects, let your salespersons include this cost to avoid wrangling on the small issue.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
hemanth-taduku
From the above replies ..it's great idea to arrange a transportation.. As you mentioned it's an start up you mention the free conveyance upto some x kms (upto your affordable amount) beyond that add the transportation charges based on the distance costomer can understand this .. so there would be no worries for your company and also for the employees .. That's all I can suggest.

Thanks,
Hemanth

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.