julia
The future of HRM is one of unpredictability i think, as its primary dealing is one with people.
Based on trends so far my opinion of a big challenge is still the concept of being taken seriously by higher level executives. Though there has been more of a shift towards the recognition that HRM can play a strategic role in achieving the goals of a business there are still many sceptics out there.
However, with the near retirement of many baby boomers in the coming decade, there will be the opportunity for those HR managers part of the Y generation to step in and initiate a new way of strategic thinking. I think this will be an excellent opportunity to encourage and promote strategic HR to be part of those top level decision-making processes. A new generation and a new way of thinking.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.