CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF PREFERENCE IS TO BE GIVEN TO BACKWARD CLASSES,,, THEN
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THOSE COMPANIES WHO STATE in THEIR POLICY,
"WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER"
KNOWLEDGE IS KNOWLEDGE,, THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY COMPROMISE FOR IT... [/quote]

From India, Pune
chandrasekhar_7203

Hi Shilpi!
Thanks for 'thanks'! :lol:
I don't know what is the position of Education certificates in your State, but in our State, Andhra Pradesh, the SSC certificate, Board of Intermediate Education certificate and Degree and PG certificates necessarily contain the particulars of which category the candidate belongs to.
Hence the question of hiding does not arise because they will be aware you will check their category in their certificates. So they will not hide.
Chandrasekhar.

From India, Hyderabad
chandrasekhar_7203

Hi someone posted this message,,,

[/quote]

Dear Ravishankar,

I doubt whether you have gone through the discussion I made. I feel you are one of the "anti-reservation" activists.

Shilpi is asking a query about her Company's intention to support the Backward castes, she is not asking for any legislation to be passed in parliament to create reservations for SCs, STs and OBCs in private sector. It is the 'internal policy' of her company, not any legislation being passed by parliament that will be thrust up on all companies. Hence you need not worry about it.

It is not a discussion of "merit versus reservations" that we made. I don't have anything against "merit". That is why I have suggested to her, even though you take SC, ST and OBCs, you give preference to meritorious candidates amongst them.

If any Company's policy is "We are equal opportunities employer".....let it be! No one can disturb that company's internal policy as long as there is no legilsation passed in parliament that private companies should give preference to SC, ST and OBCs.

Chandrasekhar

From India, Hyderabad
Shilpi_HR

Ravi,
Chandrashekhar is right, that its my co. preference to support them, we are not discussing here about reservations or any legislation to be passed.
i was looking for some ideas where chandrashekhar is giving his thoughts.
Thats it.
Rgds,
Shilpi

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.