kotagi_vijay
Hi Sari
It’s their personal issue; HR is nothing to do with that. Only care you should take care is that it should not affect the Organization culture ....and it should not affects the values...
Interestingly, how did every one come to know about this, that means there is lot of gossiping and rammers spreading elements are there in the office? Please make sure those things are under the control.
Vijay K S
Manager - Human Resource

From India, Madras
toksobayan
Hi, I believe the issue has to be handled with a lot of care. I know nfrom experience that it is possible that there really may be nothing happening even though popular wisdom dictates otherwise. The first thing therefore is to provide counselling and the opportunity to determine their response. By the way there are two employees involved not just the woman. I know that women who are hardworking easily get maligned and so we must handle with serious care.
From Nigeria, Lagos
kaushalesh
yoh hai rahi payarke unko kuchh na boliye. Ask them to understand the feeling of their colleague
Although this IS tough to manage the circumstance BUT more tough thing is ,,, those people who are worried about their loving relationship.
I think counselin of BOTH section ie loving pair and your staff persons is required.
Regards
KKDubey

From India, Dehra Dun
eddjol
I agree with Gangasharma. I think that the opinion, which conveys maturity and openmindedness, wraps up nicely the HR Management dimension of the case. End of story. Thanks for the discernment.
From Mauritius
rachita.samantaray
"Management has no issues with her personal life but now that the team mates have a very unpleasant opinion, and has to say the environment is getting polluted .........."
Kindly be specific. How her personal life is affecting the other team mates??? Moreover when you agreed that she is good at her work, the Management has got no issues with her performance and even she is always ready to work on her Off days/ Holidays, where's the problem ????
I must say --are u guys really bothered about the work environment being polluted or her professional attitude towards work is troubling your team mates? Before pointing fingers on others, tell your team mates to prove who hasn't commited any kind of mistakes or sins ?? Or who is far from bad things?? Don’t interfere into other’s personal life until that is really affecting her productivity at work....

From India, Pune
ramneet.s

Well Mr. Ravi, so u mean to say if a women likes someones company, she is suppose to suppress her happiness just for the fact that drooling over gals is a tendency of guys ( as per ur genes theory) and girls are suppose to control their emotions.
And just because Guys by genes make -up are like this, they can and should be allowed to get away with anything....and women are to be reprimanded to the extent of spoiling there entire life ahead....!!!
Though there have been really nice inputs from so many male members who were actually trying to consider this womans point of view or circumstances
but this comment came completely as a jolt from the heavens ..(some interpretation of the Indian society and its culture)

From India, Delhi
jkande
Dear All.
Issues of matrimonial infidelity are purely personal,so persoanal that the management has no locus stadi to ask.
I agree with Ravishankar,the question is,is she performing her work well?
Then,what about the men she is having an affair with?Are they not to blame?
Let distinguish between a moral wrong from a professional wrong.
Is it stipulated in the office regulations that such behavior is wrong and punishable?
Do they have proof? What if she denys,as somebody has said that it is a gossip.
The maxim is;Married people should be faithful to their spouses,single people,avoid immoral acts.
Regs
James

From Kenya
sathish3k
Hi Sari,
I would also suggest talking to the concerned person who is supposed to be having an affair and before talking to her please confirm what sort of affair is going between the concerned people as we got to talk to them only if we have a sort of evidence that clarifies of being in an affair which has to be stated as false.
If found in an affair that is unfair or that is affecting the organisation, I would suggest to counsel them having them together as counselling paves way for better results before opting for any action to be taken.
Thanks,
Sathish.S.Nair
Manager - H.R.

From India, Madras
naeccl

The matter has to be reviewed purely from a business angle. If the couple's romance is affecting the organisation and its resources then act.
If not just need to talk to the lady and perhaps create that awareness of this cultural issue, and the sensibilities that it affects.
Am quite sure that once this done; then you can decide to move forward depending on how the situation unfolds
Elroy

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Poojakalra

Hi,
I guess Management should not take interest in employee personal life till the time its not effecting the employee professional life. And in case management feels that employee personal life is polluting the org environment. Management needs to firstly understand the employee point of view and give them the counselling. But if things not get sorted out by this than management needs to take certain action on same and before taking any action management have to have very strong opinion or information about the incident or whatever.
Thanks
Pooja

From India, Amritsar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.