No Tags Found!

jayashreeg

Dear All,
I am working as a HR Manager in service industry. I have newly joined this organization (Two months) . My organization is small workshop with 150 strength of the employee. One is director and owner of the company and another director who helps to start the business.
Two female employees are working in my organisaton. One is head of the department and other is asst manger of another department. Both the director is giving favoritism to them. One lady is back biting and another is aggressive (wrong Manner).
Both the directors are supporting me but due to this culture I can’t implement policy and systems all that. In fact I have prepare the policy and send it them but not approved yet. The owner of the organization want to bring some professionalism but again he always supports that female for any reason. Some time he took the decision what the lady said. Another director is also good but he can’t listen anything about her favorite female.
Its affect organizational culture

From India, Mumbai
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Jayashree
I am not surprised that there are no responses.
You have presented a typical picture of a small Indian private company. What you stated are the realities and characteristics of people in such organizations.
What is your query ? That you are not able to implement policies ??
As the saying goes - "you can bring a horse to water but can not make him drink."
Another wise saying in management goes like this - "the 'bottleneck' is always at the top."
I think that sums it all. If the owners and people at top are not interested, then there is hardly anything you can do on your own at this point of time.
I am sorry if it paints a pessimistic picture and makes you feel discouraged; but sometime one has to accept the situation as it stands. Keep your motivation alive and keep learning. In future, you'll get ample opportunities to put your abilities to good use.
Warm regards.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.