No Tags Found!

Arxhna
Continuously searching for entry-level opportunities within my state, I've never experienced an HR professional providing a direct confirmation of an available position with a simple "Yes, we have an opening." Usually, the response tends to be either a "No opening at the moment" or no reply, even when there might be a vacant position.It is confusing whether HR professionals are primarily meant to recruit individuals or inadvertently subject them to a bewildering process.
From India, Palakkad
aussiejohn

This is not unique to India, happens all over the world. In my previous life I had exactly the same experiences.

No-one now-a-days ever gives a straight yes or no answer. Something they have learnt from politicians. You cannot have failed to notice that Modi and his team never say yes or no. Neither does the president of the United States nor the Prime Minister of the UK, or any other political leader for that matter.

A simple yes or no sounds too direct, so people find ways to tone it down for many reasons. Examples might be not wanting to hurt someone's feelings, or they don't want to commit to anything etc, etc. Learning how to say NO is not easy, and I can attest to that from experience. Think about interactions with your friends, do they answer your questions with simple yes and no answers. Chances are they don't, it will often be a maybe, we could, possibly, I'll think about it, etc.

One of the secrets is never asking a direct question such as "do you have any vacancies for XXXX. As you have learnt, you get the same answer every time. Sit down and work out a new strategy. If you can get to talk with a HR manager, initiate the conversation with a series of questions that ultimately may get you the information you want. However, you have got to go in there looking and sounding like a winner, a half-arsed attitude will sink your ship in the first 60 seconds.

Above all remember the golden rule WIIFM (what's in it for me?). This is the question the hiring manager is asking himself and you need to convince him that you might be a good fit for his team and worth taking a look at your CV.

Give it go and report back to us on how it went.

From Australia, Melbourne
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

" Perplexing Dance Of HR" 😃 :- HR being puppets in the hands of the Management obviously they are expected to dance as per the tunes of the Management!!!

You are just kick starting your career. Please don't be frustrated. Unlike old days (wherein we relied only on HINDU Opportunities page) today's generation have more platforms like web portals, social sites, whatsapp groups and many more. So just keep applying. First identity your goal, be focused, understand the expectations of the employer develop necessary skill sets, project how you are unique among other candidates etc.

When there is a huge opening for Freshers HR need to follow so many process right from preliminary approval from Management to final go ahead from Top Management.

There are instances wherein HR is advised to hold the Trainee batch in the last minute. So every move of HR is based on Top Management's signal. When responses are huge in numbers responding to each and every candidate will not be realistic task.

Please keep knocking the doors with a hope that one day it will be opened.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.