No Tags Found!

Pavithran

Hi,
It is no use asking the management to raise the salary. It is a small unit and it may not be in a position to pay high salary. We should accept the fact. But they should reduce the bond period. Convince them to make it one year. But, you cannot ask the candidate to deposit the original certificates with you.
As a friend indicated above, you can seek the help of some portals. You will certainly get good candidates. There are many of them still unemployed.
Good luck.
PAVITHRAN

From India, Thanjavur
nehamalviya

Hi Sheela,
And hello every one this is the first time I am answering the queries. Its been a month I have joined recruitment firm and I found out that recruitment is the tough-fest job for HR as manpower is the pillar of the organization and its a responsibility of hr to make sure s/he has recruited a right person on right job.
In a simple word, you should convince your management that if you increase the pay scale and remove the unnecessary conditions (2yrs bond) you could get quality workforce who can do more quality work in lesser time as compare to needy or incompetent and unsatisfied employees.
second thing is that compulsion of signing a bond to the employees is illegal (I am not sure about it but please find-out the fact).
Regards
Neha M.

From India, Mumbai
rajesparsekar
Give peanuts , gets monkeys.

from all the past commenters I have seen there are talking about giving appropriate salary structure to candidates/employees.

Again even VIGSYSJESU is talking perfectly practical , that for non performer hired staff what is the solution by making bonds. It is completely loss for company like paying to non performing assest ..(actually liability).

Another thing is BONDS clearly indicates company is not good in the market with strong brand or worried about retainship of staff in the organisation which creates doubts and insecurity to any wise candidate about his/her future.

If you belive in your brand/market reputation and you are giving atleast best and competible salary in the market then definately nothing worry about additinal clauses to staff.

Remeber your future staff is ASSETS of your company and should be performing asset. If you try to lock them in number of rules and regulations and obligations then they will work like machine and not like from within creative mind.

And these staffs only makes your brand / reputation very strong in market by job satisfatction and income statisfaction.

Atlast it is all in your managements hand.

Whether to take monkeys with peanuts or intellectual staff.

Rajesh

From Thailand
tajsateesh

Sheela,

The problem you are facing isn't new to a HR person who is into recruiting--and neither will it be the last time.

In a way, Mahesh & (Cite Contribution) have suggested better practical solutions.

Pl try to figure-out what's in YOUR hands & then go about attempting to better them.

The Bond or the certificates-taking isn't in your hands--no point blaming the management [they would have their reasons to put such rules into place--past experience reg attrition being just one of them] OR wasting your time trying to convince them to do away with such rules. You will have to bring about the change by actions/steps where they themselves will feel their methods have served their purpose & aren't necessary anymore.

And I also firmly believe that there's NOTHING called a 100% 'perfect' solution or 100% 'imperfect' solution--it all depends on the situation.

Suggest you try the following: First make a list of ALL the factors [however silly] that are causing PROBLEMS in your hiring the right people [I am sure the Bond & certificates will be on the TOP :-), but frankly I don't think they are the ONLY ones]. Then make a list of ALL the factors that you think are the ADVANTAGES of working in this Company [again, however silly/small]. This is what I usually call "The PROs & CONs List" of a situation.

Take it from me Sheela--no 2 people will have an identical set of priorities. And also you will be surprised to find how important/useful some PRO aspect that you thought is downright 'silly' will be to some people[candidates]. When you search/source for resumes, try to match mentally--going by their personal profiles more than the technical angle--if any of your PROs will appeal to him/her. If yes, go ahead & take the process forward.

I won't say, your hit-rate will be 100%--but take it from me Sheela: it will definitely be far, far better than what it has been so far. Except that it will take sometime to see the unsaid in the resumes while you match YOUR PROs to their NEEDS.

The reason for my confidence? We are right now servicing for a company whose TOTAL strength is 15 & the packages not very high [no certificates issues here though]--with a reasonably good hit rate. In a single line: Focus on the matching of 'company strengths' vis-a-vis 'candidate needs' rather than on the 'company limitations' [I won't say 'weaknesses' for a few specific reasons].

ALL THE BEST.

You can reach me on if you need any assistance.

TS

From India, Hyderabad
sheela7040

Hi TS,
Thanks for ur suggestions,definitely i will make a list of PROs and CONs. The main thing is that our company is not spending any amount for sourcing resumes i need to do job posting in free job posting and internal reference but its not working out much as i have expected. So i will keep on posting in free websites.
Thanks,
Sheela

From India, Coimbatore
barberml

Your organization should review the rule for bond and also revise the salary structure in order to have efficient people. You may also engage good HR consultant for this purpose. M.L. Barber
From India
sweetra
Dear madam,

I would suggest you to go for hiring a fresher candidate. Fresher candidate with some training inputs can do wonders in the company because they are fresh blood with full of zest.Motivate them to work.Regarding the bond, fresher will not mind taking a bond because they are in need of the job and while recruiting them just make them realize the important of stability and try to use some attracting tools like performance based bonus or annual bonus system. I think this way u can balance both your problems.

This all is just my little thinking. may be practically its different. Hope taht my words will be help to you.

Thanking You.

WITH WARM REGARDS,

Samom

Hr Executive

I am working in a small company its around 40 employees. In our company we r planning to hire few candidates for Software Engineer and Sales Manager.The main problem is we have a bond for 2yrs in which we will take originals of degree certificates from the candidate if they break they have to pay 50k.Now mgmt need candidate but no one ready for the bond and the pay structure is also less compared to other co's. So plz any one guide me how to get the candidates.

Regards,

Sheela[/QUOTE]

From India, Delhi
bhatmeenu

HI sheela
We are also into software and also have a bond criteria for 2 years of employees. But it is not so much tough to recruit people. But you need to be very smart in words you represent your company and its work culture. Always talk about the positive and strong points about company work culture w.e.f to other companies. you can convince the candidates by talking about the appraisals if they perform well. if you don't want to pay them best salaries, but u can give them good appraisals about their performances. This is the attraction point for them to join. But for this you need to discuss with you management to pay them good appraisals if worked well.
thanks
Meenu

From India, Delhi
girishkumarmba06
Dear Sheela,
Please let me know the vacants that are available in your company.
I will help you in the recruitment. there are some people who are seeing only for the experience.
So i can help u in this isuue up to my extent
Regards,
Abhi

From India
Shrikant_pra

Dear Sheela,
Would you pledge your invaluable certificates, even if you are out of job? Asking for Rs 50K if they leave is illegal, consider yourself lucky that no one has taken you to court of law for this.
Shrikant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.