sriramakula
Hi,

Iam working for a small IT org in Hyderabad since June 2012 and 3 months ago they relocated me to Banglore to work at client's location and promoted me.

After me coming here, few unfortunate circumstances happened, my mother fell sick and she might need to go through a surgery very soon. Considering all this, I had sent a resignation email to my reporting manager and HR stating the reason and I can serve one month of notice (as per org norms, it is 2 months) and will do buy out for the 2nd month.

I followed up with HR on phone couple of times and they verbally said that my resignation has been accepted and will receive an email from manager soon which never happened until before a week of my one month notice. Email from my manager states that I cannot be relieved without completing 2 month of notice period and manager is highlighting that I am trying to leverage my mother's health condition and taking the discussion away from business perspective. While I am only trying to explain them clearly about the situation and how critical it is. The mental trauma I will go through sitting here by extending my notice period will directly impact my performance.

What should I do to get relieving from company?

From India, undefined
sriramakula
As per the offer letter my notice period will be one month where as in HR policies are changed to 2 months recently. Policy mentions that "Employee should serve 2 months of notice period and remaining days needs to be paid".
From India, undefined
Rajesh Kumar Dubey

First You were having a good impression in your company only. They have given you a promotion and
hike . If any adverse condition come and you are incapable to perform duty you should discuss with ur boss & concerned HR people. Perhaps they may give you leave either with pay or without pay.
Why you have given resignation , any body told you to do so ?
More over If any service condition have been changed as you told whether you have recieved & signed copy as acceptance of Change ?
If Not as so , your Notice Period will be applicable as per Appointment Letter
Try to communicate with HR politely and take time and submit ur request for withdraw of ur resignation.

From India
sriramakula
Hi Rajesh,
Thank you for the reply.
My offer letter says as 1 month of notice period. But HR policies were changed saying it is 2 months and balance needs to be paid. We never signed any document after the HR policies changed. They were updated in policy document and kept it in a shared service.
Regards,
Sairam S

From India, undefined
loginmiraclelogistics

The discretion to accept the 'buy out' offer is solely left with the employer. An employee cannot claim it as a right to use this and leave. I would suggest that you should discuss with your HR/Boss about your mother's condition showing relevant documents and also try to obtain their approval for your buy out offer and convince them so that your leaving the co. will be smooth. Don't risk your good performance of the past by deserting.
From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello Sairam S,
Like Raj Dubey & Kumar suggested, don't mess-up your career by such short-sighted steps--IF the info you mentioned is complete & true.
And there's something amiss in the Policy you mentioned--"Employee should serve 2 months of notice period and remaining days needs to be paid". When the NP is 2 months & it is served, what is the 'remaining days needs to be paid' supposed to mean?
Also, normal human response mechanism is to ask/apply for leave in such emergencies. What's resignation doing in such a scenario?
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.