No Tags Found!

santosh verma

Hi All,
One of the ways I would suggest is talk to the person one-one.
Make him sit on your seat and you take the persons seat. Then ask him a solution. I think as a human he is bound to cheak his behaviour or tell you whats wrong with you.
If that doesnt work just talk to your boss. No use wasting time as that wont solve your problem.
Regards,
Santosh Verma.

From India, Bangalore
usha_bitra
Hi Indrani,

This is a very commom issue and all HR personnel should face in their career. You can follow the strategies given by Prashanth and Karuna.

First thing you be confident and don't consider this as a problem , but take it as a general matter and face it.Before that first you should clearly analyze your views towards the seniors. Be positive and assertive to your points. Seniors also once upon a time they were juniors. They are well aware of all these formalities. You need to be more diplomatic. By writing e-mails and copying their supervisors will not work , rather it will become more complicated.

Being HR person you need to win them through your professionalism.You talk to them about the policy / rule. And also explain them directly that they should be role models to junior people. Talking to them openly in a pleasing manner is the best way to tackle. Following all other ways is not very much useful.

Donot try the conversation directly to the point , have a coffee or general discussion and then project your issue directly and listen to them clealry.Get the reason from them why they don't want to follow.

In general there is no person in the world who will say NO if you tell them in a polite manner. Be more assertive than aggressive of your point. Any problem cannot be one way. Same way solution also .

Hope you will find your way to resolve this.

All the best.

Usha

From India, Hyderabad
just.nids

Hi all
This is very interesting topic.I have a similar problem. I am working in an IT software Company and people grenally leave late probably by 8:30PM or so. and next morning they (mostly few counted employees) come late to the office i.e half an hour late although we do not have any hard and fast rule for any kind of deduction to be made if they come late so they have a routine to come late...now i have taken session related to same but they said" Mam we normally leave late for the day and now we want some flexibility in time" considering this is I do not take any kind of action. but the issue remains same that they are late..and i want them to come on time......Can any one guide me what should i do...for the same?
I have taken Sessions for those counted employees ? result nothing......
as i don't take any action as they say they leave late 2 hour or 3 hour late then usual almost daily but i want my employee to come on time?
GUIDE ME...........:?:
Nidhi (Hr. Executive)

From India, New Delhi
omprakashmahata
Indrani,
Its not only a common problem but some how we Indians are like this, when we empowered with power, we start behaving like the stupid kings who knows about his state, but he doesn't know about 1) how many cities it have? 2) what is the size of population? 3) How people are behaving in a particular area? 4) What is their requirement? 5) whether his plans are worth to be executed or not?
So there are many fields which can be said, but employee who are straight forward will never face any problem in life. Just keep on reminding them about the official policies, even if they turn foes for you, just use your smile and say its a part of job.
With Regards,
Om Prakash

From India, Vadodara
pallavi_12

Hi,
The problem you are facing is being by most of the HR.
We can dictate or make them to follow the rules.
But we can explain them the importance of following rules and regulations.
We have to be very friendly and polite while explaining about it otherwise you end up hurting their ego.
If still they dont follow, then enforce them to do, because I have examples where the new HR was asked to quit for some wrong reasons, but actual reason was that, he was strict with policies and tried to imply on the senior mgnt, which has created problems to him and made him to quit the job.
So be careful and handle the situation.
Thanks
Pallavi.

From India, Mumbai
usha_bitra
Nidhi,
If you are in IT , you need have flexible timings. You can not have hard core rules when it comes to timing. They know their work schedules and delievarables. When you have flexible timings , they feel comfortable.
In our office we follow the same.
So be with people.
Thanks,
Usha

From India, Hyderabad
Ryan

Hi

I will focus my response to the problem of signing the muster - this is one of the areas where I had some success.

I sent out a circular citing the need of signing the muster as follows:

"We have noticed that, many staff does not sign the muster regularly. This has been pointed out in a recent inspection by the Shop & Establishment Inspector as an error. While we have avoided a legal notice from the inspector this time, we may not be so fortunate in future.

Therefore I request all of you to sign the Attendance register on daily basis. For those of you, who will be traveling / going on leave, please ensure that you inform us by email in advance, so that we can make the necessary remarks in the muster.

I request all HODs to ensure that their team adheres to the above"

Some additional details mentioned were :

a. Please mention the “In Time” in the muster when you reach office in the morning.

b. Any employee reaching the office after 12 p.m. will be marked half day leave. This would not be applicable for those working through the night on the previous day.

c. All employees are required to mention the “time out” when they leave office for the day in a separate register being provided.

d. Any employee wishing to leave the office before 6 p.m. will need the permission of his / her reporting manager in writing. This should be informed to HR.

Any employee who doesn’t sign the muster when they reach office will be marked Absent and will accordingly lose one day leave or salary (based on available leave balance).

To enforce this, we marked defaulters in the muster in pencil. This created some noise initially to which I coolly told them that since they had not informed HR/Admin, we made the remarks. We also cited other departments who had started following the policy.

We did not have to actually deduct leave, but the action of making remarks in the muster worked wonders. It is also important that you have the support of your own manager when implementing any policy.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Ryan

From India, Mumbai
LALIT KUMAR GUPTA

Dear Chakraborty,
Good morning,
This issue is found in every old organisation and being a HR professional we have to face. Change in attitude of a group takes time. As I have read the comments given by my friends. You win them(particular group members) and share their personal problems if possible you help them.
At present the employer want profits,healthy environment, good work culture and no IR issues. In this situation definitely the position of HR will be strong. This is a challenge for HR. You can arrange trainings on change in attitude for organisational development, effectiveness of good practices etc.. I hope that you will get success.
Have a nice day
Lalit Kumar Gupta

From India, Lucknow
just.nids

Hi Usha I know i need to be flexible but My Immediate superior wants me make the people come on Time? i want to be flexible but I have to check my duties also at the same time...? Nidhi
From India, New Delhi
MITR_2008
Yes, we HR guys need to tackle such problems tactfully, but it also needs good support from the top management. I being the HR manager in my company did face such problems when I joined. I brought it to my top management's notice and they tried to rectify some of them gradually, leaving some to me to rectify. I first allowed my top mangement to do their part of the work, from which it was evident that I have their support. Then I took over the course and I got sufficient response from the seniors. Initially there was much grumbling and brooding, but now everything is fine. All these seniors treat me more like a freind than an enemy.
So do approach your top management once more and explain them what you feel about it and what ever do, do it strategically rather than impulsively. What is more important is results and not means, esp in such cases.
Mitr_2008

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.