No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I joined company A in 2020 - No pf account was created.

Then I joined company B with my manager's consent to get an extra income, and there without knowledge PF account was created. Worked their for 6 months - just to clear a loan of my brother. And left with proper procedure. Never had an ideas about UAN procedures.

And peacefully continued working with Company A and left that in 2022

Joined Company C in 2023 and never opted for PF contribution and so I never disclosed UAN and PF
details with Company C.

Now after working for 11 months, suddenly company C gave form 11 to fill up. (Wanted to know what could be the reason)

I don't want to fill the UAN details. What should I do? Should I fill them or should I not fill them as I don't want the PF contribution. I want my full salary as I have more responsibilities.

My basic salary is more than 15000/-

What should I Do?

From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

Your first job was Company A where your salary was more than Rs 15000 and you were not covered by EPF then. But when you joined Company B, you were registered under PF. Again you joined company A where you continued without PF. Again when you joined company C you were not covered by PF. But now the company is asking you to fill details of previous PF (by declaring the same in form 11), right?

If you do not want to continue the PF created by second company by oversight, you can skip it. Before that you may try to withdraw the amount from that account. Since there has been no contribution since you left company B and the UAN is inactive, you will be able to withdraw at least your own share Plus the employer's share in the EPF though the employer's share of 8.33% of PF contributing salary deposited in Pension fund may not be withdrawn for exact completion of six months' contribution. If that was successful, then you can declare in the form 11 of company C that you were not covered by PF in your previous organisations. If your salary is more than Rs 15000 and if you declare that you are not an existing member of EPF, then the company C will not cover you under PF. But everything depends upon your closing of existing PF. If you are really unaware of your UAN creation, then you have to activate the UAN and link your adhar with UAN etc and then proceed to withdraw it.

PF is a good social security legislation which will provide the employee an investment opportunity as well as income tax benefit. At the same time, concealing an existing PF history will make you answerable when the current or any future employer comes to know about it during a course of background verification. Therefore, you have to think twice before you close the PF forever.

From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Thank you for so detailed information. I really really appreciate this information. However, could you please let me know, that will my current employer, use form 11 to try to create my UAN without asking me? Because if he does, he will be known of my existing UAN.
From India, Pune
Anonymous
Also let me know, can they enroll me for PF contribution after 11 months of employment?
From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

If the intention is to cover you under EPF, they should have done it when you joined the establishment. They cannot enrol an employee after so many months of his joining. This is just for their records. It will be dated on your date of joining, I am sure. If you mention your UAN in form 11, they will be stuck. Can they give you coverage from retrospective date (of joining), No. It is their responsibility to ensure that an employee joining with salary of more than Rs 15000 is not an existing member of PF so that they can exclude him from EPF. Therefore, they only want that you give a declaration that you don't have a PF number now.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Thank you so much!! I am in a very messed up situation and you are just making sure to make it better and better. I really appreciate your help. You're just answering this question, but you really do not have any idea how much you're helping indirectly to me. I am now really relaxed and feeling light. Because since last week I'm literally feeling like I am in a very bad situation and my life has ended. Day and night just googling things around to get a solution.

No proper sleeps, no schedules, not even able to Focus on work. I will always be thankful and keep you in my prayers. I really need this job to help my mother financially.

Thank you again.. May God bless you with all the happiness 😊

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.