SHIVAKUMAR.R
Is there any policy for recruit deaf & dump employees in a manufacturing company
From India, Tirupur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sivakumar R,

By recruiting differently-abled persons, the companies serve the social cause. If the private companies do not come forward, then they have nowhere to go. Deprived of gainful employment, their near and dear ones consider them a liability. This torments them mentally.

Nevertheless, I wish you had learnt the terms and phrases of the 21st century. Rather than writing "Deaf & Dump Employees Recruitment Policy", you could have written "Policy for the Recruitment of Differently-abled (or Specially-abled) Employees".

It is difficult to provide a policy for the employment of differently-abled persons. However, roughly I can say that you can reserve one per 100 vacancies for these persons. While these persons may not be able to work on the shop floor, you can employ them for the supporting role where they can do the desk work. You may publish an ad in the newspaper and make it viral on social media.

Before closing my reply, I wish to thank the administration of your company. Kudos to them for coming forward to serve the needy persons of society.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
aussiejohn

Could I just point out that the word is "dumb" not dump.

Wholeheartedly agree with my colleague Dinesh, it is much better to use the words of differently abled. "Deaf and Dumb" are pejorative words, and it long past time we moved on from using that sort of language to describe our fellow human beings.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.