abhishekdavid
HI Urvashi,
I know it is a really tough situation for you to start with and also this is a serious discipline issue. I think u must be reporting to some body at higher level. This problem cannot be encountered with the support of the TL/Managers.
Reason of this - The engagement of the employees are low at work soo they have enough time for personal things.
Solution:
1st you need some time to get the settled in the system then u will be able to take any action - right away you can not take any action.
2nd you need to discuss the same with your boss.
3rd discuss with the TL/Managers and tell then to keep track of the engagement of their employees.
4th Engagement means check every employees KRA n KPA / MBO.
I think this will be enough for now that u can do now. Take managers into confidence and also advise them accordingly to provide proper work to every one and keep them engaged.
Thanks,
Abhishek

From India, Mumbai
United Merchant

Agree with RK.
But in certain Companies there HR rules stating that if any one marries within the Organization one of the party has to resign from the job. The idea is to ensure cordial environment within the organization as there are chances of ego clashes

From India, Mumbai
kamakshi
Hi,
We definitely do not have anything to poke into their personal life. Definitely the office decorum cannot be spoiled - u can have 1-1 discussion with them separately - advise them on the implications on their performance level and their career growth. They are in the adoloscent age and definitely with such advise would go a long way in both their professional and personal life. I had a similar experience which I handled in the same way and I had succeeded in making both undrestanding the reality of life.
Regards
kamakshi

From India, New Delhi
annie1

Hi! Urvashi , I feel ( though I am not from HR) that if this is reaaly hampering the work of the organization then it's better when you can have a daily huddle in the morning.In this huddle you must set goals for the day for each individual & the same should be recapped the next day in the morning. Start giving flags to those who are doing initiatives & who collects the maximum star at the end of the month could be rewarded with lets say - sodexo passes.I also feel that you must encourage these people to have more of such bonding between them by also participating in their discussions.I know it is easier said then done but you can include some activities in the break time which creates a bonding between the team.As you have mentioned some of the personnel indulge in un professional practice hence for those you need to discuss that they are for achieving the organizational goal rather following their own agenda.
P.S - Kindly don't start the subject line with such statements which attracts people who are interested in such topics that deal with male female intimate relationship.I hope u will not misunderstand me.
Bottom Line : Some times you have te strict also for passing your message to some elements who still carry on with such activities. But never fire a person , till the time it's not a will issue...

Warm Regards

Annie1

From United States, Houston
vijay shitole

Dear Urvashi,
I am with Mr. Sardar on this issue.\
Please carry out the root cause analysis of the problem.
It is not a complex problem.
It could be resolved by effective counselling rather than by issuing warning letters.
While counselling, please do not tread into their personal lives as it would defeat the very purpose.
regards
Vijay Shitole

From India, Mumbai
ashok pal

Transfer them to another Team leader. or possible to change their timings.Show their performance.
From India, Indore
K.Ravi

There is possibility that such people can start anywhere, even if they get new team leader, this menace may not stop.
From India, Pune
rmanojcp

Dear Urvashi
I am surprised about the way you feel about the situation and your conflicts in handling the issue
primary thing to be taken in consideration just like the organiztion cannot interefer in personal relations people should also know that any personal relationships should not be allowed to affect the work or work environment
if they dont understand it is our responsibilities to make them understand it
naturally you cannot talk to them about the realtionship itself but you can very well talk to them about how it is affectinf their work and the work enviroment and make them understand their social responsibilties with in the organization and also how they should draw the line between the personal and official relationship.
so better take them both into your personal cabin and have an open dicussion at the earliest
regs
R.Manoj

From India, Madras
Brandon 69

Hi Urvashi

I agree with what most of the members say here: make them accountable for their performance and targets and also ensure that they do not break their break tinmings and reporting timelines.

As Peer saab said, if a professional strictness is shown to these people, they will either be forced to give up their peppy games and focus on work, or resign.

Moreover, if you, as an HR personnel, find such couples going beyond the boundaries of shame, and indulging in smooching or cuddling or some such other activities inside the premises of the Company, you can give them an official warning along with intimation to their reporting managers.

There was one such couple in my previous Company who were turning the workplace into Buddha Garden.....and you know: such things never go unnoticed even by the higher level managers: The girl has been kicked out long ago, and the guy, who would have been an Assistant Manager by now had he played his cards right, has been literally made a dog, careerwise. Its a shame how some people ruin good careers by indulging in such stupidity....really a shame.

You are an HR personnel: it should be the other way round: THEY should worry of the consequences of such childish and unprofessional behaviour of theirs.....you should not lose your sleep over such people.

Regards,

Brandon

From India, Calcutta
jayanthilak
Hi Urvashi,
In this situation, you can trace out the work of those particular employees or have a detail discussion with their Team Lead/Manager for getting feedback about them in the work circumstances. Then if work load is not that much and that they are having enough time to spend with those girls, u can allot some more work loads to them without giving any chatting time. This is one way.
Also, as u are into HR, you will be having full rights to have one to one meeting with those persons. If it goes extreme level definitely you should conduct a meeting in general mentioning about the company's status and in the final statement you can say that u r unhappy about the environment in the office and bla bla......
Just try, u will get some solution definitely. Pls revert how is my suggestion?
thnks
Jayanthi

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.