No Tags Found!

YGeeta

Hi
You give an offer letter when you close a position,based on signed acceptance of the offer letter from the candidate you give the appointment letter (more detailed terms and conditions with salary details). Whether someone will stick to the company or not is a different issue but when someone is joining you must give them the appointment letter and accept their signature in the duplicate copy. This is the minimum you do on day one. If someone leaves in 2 days or a week or a month something you need to look deeper in to such quick exits from your ocmpany. You may not release their salary,no need to give exp letter, no need to give a good reference if someone calls for a reference check. But not issuing appointment letter is not the correct way to treat this problem.
Thanks
Geeta

From Korea, Seoul
sharadha.akshaya

Hello bhumika
No, we are not giving any Offer letter at the time of joining.
Here, we tell the candidate that he will be on training period for 03 months and another 06 months on probation period. 1st 03 months we will see weather the candidate will stay or not, based on this remaining things are decided. One more thing is, here I have seen employees collecting Offer Letter along with the Reliving Letter.
Documentation means what and all it includes?
Here I take Employee family details, His blood Group details and educational and past experience records with 03 passport size Photographs and ask them to fill the PF form 2. Other than this I’m not taking any details from them. Please tell me what else should be documented other than this.

From India, Bangalore
poojaj

As per your email if the perticular company didnt provide any kind of offer letter to them then as per the rule they are not properly a employee of th e organization , what ever they have letter of indent but they do not have proper validation of job , it means they are covered into daily wages or offroll kind of employee, and about no sell no salary concept is only applicable for freelancer or for those employee who works as agent or offroll , but in these case they have to talk on mutual cordination with employeer or management or otherwise if thay have anykind of record of attendence in muster then only they are eligible for salary.
No about your second question there i s no boundary for any talented and experience candidate to achieve a high designation yaa some kind of degree definatly requi red but if management is ok with all situation then no harm for that.
Hope i help you out from my side.
Regards
Pooja

From India, Pune
sharadha.akshaya

Geeta Mam,

I completely agree to what you said and that is what even I understood when I read other threads in the forum but I’m facing few problems to implement this. Because I’m not at all in the possession to suggest any thing. My boss will always says, your bookish knowledge will not work out in practical, if I speak about working hours and confirmation letter kind of things, he will tell you are one union leader. Mine is a small company having 40 employees in 4 locations. There is a team leader for every 06 to 08 members. Whenever we take interviews, MD will finalize the candidate and tell the Team Lead to join that candidate to his team. Some times I myself will come to know after 02 days who has joined when, to whom they have increased the salaries, to which they paid incentives, to whom they are transferring to which team/location etc. when I complain this to our MD, he said, all these things should be discussed with Team Leader. But, most of the team leaders are least bothered to HR rules, to be frank, I don’t have any educational records/driving license/blood group records of our team leaders, since the team leaders are very good in business, Management also cannot tell them anything. Here, there is no procedure of identifying position and closing. If anybody wants to refer a candidate they can directly go to MD and tell and I’m there like a receptionist to attend the candidate and to guide to the MD. If at all I tell some thing good opinions about a employee and he/she is selected, then eall blames will come to me only, since HR said we took and it went like this. Even whenever employee is leaving he/she need not to give the notice period, if at all MD or Team Lead come to know that somebody is searching job, the team lead will directly go to MD and MD will tell me to tell that employee to not to come to office from next day. Here, company is not at all bothering anything about employee position. My Management removed Even both Accounts in chargers (we have only 02 members in accounts) in March at the time of closing Accounts books. I’m the 1st person joined here as a HR person and I started things like maintaining service files, alerting Employee code to the employees, at last formatting Offer letter, Appointment letter etc. to tell you, here, Accountant use to call the employee before she prepare salaries to asks every employee to know how many days he was absent in that month. Now few things like maintaining attendance, informing to office about the leave etc have come to an end, but I’m still strucked in some places like issuing Appointment letter, Offer Letter and many endless things. Finally I’ll not be satisfied with the day that I spent, what to do in this situation?

From India, Bangalore
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Bhumika

I dont understand the motive behind your post.

All I can say is, I am aware of many such organizations that go by the name of Company, as they fulfill the requirements under the Companies Act; where the chairman and Directors may even be illiterate, though officially they are called "self-learned"; who run the organiztion as a Middle Ages fiefdom; treat their employees as slaves; do not believe in any documentation such as Appointment letters etc; where HR serves the purpose of being their spy who would report their espionage activity in the evening -detailing on who said what to whom; and in such an organization its surely possible that they will not give any salary to ales people if they do not achieve certain sales.

The answer to all your queries is : There are organizations where - "anything goes". But no good organization, worth their salt, would indulge in such 'baniyagiri' kind of activities.

If you are an employee of such an organization, my fervent suggestion is to find another job immediately.

You can not change the company or the world, but you can definitely change yourself; and the first step is to change the job.

Regards.

From India, Delhi
bhumika.sharma88

well..... the good news is that i have already resigned from there........ but m only conncern about mah team’s salary.....
From India, Delhi
sharadha.akshaya

Thanks for your sincere suggestions,
It is my 1st job and I’m here for 1.5 years,
When I joined here, I was taking things more challenging and didn’t want leave my job with out changing at least few things and I did that. But, now I lost all that confidence, courage to face any type of challenge. Now I’m not good in any particular area of HR what a HR person will have after working for 1.5 years. Now how to approach for new job please guide me Mam.

From India, Bangalore
YGeeta

Hey Sharadha
Don't despair dear ! For 1.5 years of experience not much is expected,may be you should be good at keeping time office i.e. attendance,understand leave policies rules, in recruitments - screening resumes and doing initial interest check, a good understanding of basic policies in any company.
Jobs are scarce in the market,if you hit one don't be shaky whole Cite HR will back you up to clinch it,that assurance I can give you from my exp in this site !
To gain confidence, I will say just go through all the posts to the extent you understand, mainly the practical experiences,views and opinions of people,that will definitely help you to regain confidence and I assume you have the required theoretical knowledge.
If you are into a good job,you can start posting all your operational issues afresh !!!:-D Be assured you will be spoilt for choice on what should be your best course of action.:)
Wish you all the best !
Geeta

From Korea, Seoul
sanjeevi3011

Dear friend,
They have to pay the salary,if notice period not mentioned anywhere in the LOI.Getting business is a separate thing. Does they attended the office? if so there is no doubt they have to pay. Getting business is his perpoformance. If they are not performing then fault lies with his supervisors/Team leaders/management.There are so many factors we have to consider.
Sanjeevi

From India, Bangalore
sharadha.akshaya

Thank you madam,
After reading your options, I analyzed my self and I feel I’m good in screening and conducting telephonic interviews Scheduling daily/periodical meetings.
Sure, I will definitely continue reading the postings which are in to practical experiences.
Actually I wanted to start a fresh thread and seek suggestions regarding the same but my screen reader didn’t support to it rather I’m finding little difficulty to operate it. Anyway thank you for your suggestions and starting this thread to Bhumika.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.