Karthi HR

Our company is under Shops & Establishment act..can you clear my following clarification sir,
I have a clarification, our company is registered under ESI act, and we give this benefit to all except those who are not covered under the act that is staff who gets more than 10000/-
Now is it necessary to give sick leave to all or only those who are not covered under this act,
or due to ESI Registration the company is not liable for giveing sick leave to any one.....can you Please clear me this sir....what the labour act says for this....
Regards,
KarthiK

From India, Thrissur
pat123

Sick leave is applicable to all the employees in the company. Companies normally provide 5 SL in a year. This is applicable to all the employees. What is your company's leave policy ? How many sick leaves do u provide?
From India, Madras
pon1965

Mr.Karthi,
I believe you are from Tamil nadu. As per Chapter VI of Tamilnadu Shops & Est. act 1947, sec 25 (2), the eligibility of sick leave is below.
(2) Every person employed in any establishment shall also be entitled during his first twelve months of continuous service after the commencement of this Act, and during every subsequent twelve months of such service,
a. To leave with wages for a period not exceeding 12 days, on the ground of any sickness incurred or accident sustained by him

From India, Lucknow
Karthi HR

Dear Ponraj,
From Tamilnadu working in kerala,
If the employee Joins in Jan 09, he is sick on aug 09, he takes 12 days is he eligible for 12days or only after complition of his first year. is this applicable for the staff under ESI...Can you clear me this
Regards,
KarthiK

From India, Thrissur
pon1965

Those who are covered under ESI, not eligible for SL. Pro-rata can be considered. It is upto the decision of your management.
From India, Lucknow
Subiah.G
Dear Ponraj As per you "those who are covered under ESI, not eligible for SL" but please tell me those not covered under ESI and what the act say’s. Regards Subiah. G Chennai
From India, Madras
pon1965

Doctors will certify the period of sickness and the insured person will get upto a max of 50% of his wages compensation. Pl. go thru the TN ESI scheme for more details.
From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.