kandakure@gmail.com
Dear All,
I joined my first job after my graduation in Sep. 2006. I was having a lta component in my salary. I resigned from that organization in Nov. 2007. During this period I didnot claim my lta (no time for holiday). In my full & Final settlement, the organization didn't give me the lta for the period (15 months) I was with the organization. I joined new organization in Dec. 07 and is currently working since then. I am also having LTA component in my current salary. How can I claim my lta (amount around Rs. 25K) for the period (Sep06 to Nov07) I was with my last employer. Who will pay me the money (my last employer or present employer)? I have to also claim my lta from the current organization. Can I claim one big amount (sept 06 to dec 08)? Please help me in this regards.
Thanks in advance.

From India, Indore
Madhu.T.K

LTA stands for leave travel allowance. How can you claim LTA if you have not undertaken any travel? How can you ask for the same from the past employer when you had already received your settlement? No can not claim it even if it is stated in your CTC. CTC is only a composition as how much the company will cost by employing you. CTC doesnot necessarily mean that the amount stated should be paid to you but it is a projected amount which tells the costs to the company.
If you have LTA in your present company, utilise it by travelling with your family members. Do not waste it. LTA will not accrue automatically but it is just a reimbursement or I must say a component of the much tricky practice of new generation employers to attract young guys who are concerned only about the whole figure of salary (the Cost To Company !) and not cautious about what they earn or get monthly!!!
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.