Gayathri VS

Dear Gayathri,

Just few suggestions regarding the No Dues Clearance:

* Once you frame your No Dues Clearance before finalising it, please have it checked with our members in Cite HR or with your friends working for other companies; they might be in the position to suggest you more. Fix up a deadline and try to pick the suggestions that you get within a specified date.

* Initially you can have it as a hard copy later on you can convert as a soft copy. Getting authorisations in the hard copy requires lot of time from an employee as he has to meet all the teams and get it done in person. If it is in the soft form, you can design it in such a way that teams authorise it online and reminders are sent to those who havent done it. You got to ensure that you have an effective tool for the same.

Answers for your queries are given below:

* Laws / rules for exit or releiving process,(got this info from couple of people who are in our profession), there is no such clause/ section in the laws. Also please note that you cannot deduct his PF, Gratuity, ESI etc as those benefits are completely for employees and if at all you want to deduct it from any of those mentioned, there are lot of processes involved in that like issuing the charge sheet , enquiry etc. You got to have all this documented and you should have a proof that you have approached him for the amount, but he is not ready to pay you that. There are lot of legal complications involved in that, so it is better to take an advise from your legal team / legal advior to get into such things.

* Competeny Mapping Model:

I hope you are intending to mean Competeny Mapping; and Competeny Model - well known as Competency Framework (Identification of Competencies required for different levels and different postions in an organisation) and Competency Mapping ( Finding out the areas of improvement in an individual against the competency frame work)are two different areas of Competency Assessment. Am not sure about your Knowledge in this area; so giving you the basic idea on this topic.

Competency Framework : Is a process of identifying the competencies that are required to perform jobs at different levels and different positions in an organisation. It is either done by Top Management or it is also outsourced to Consultants in few companies - KESDEE, Clarity Consultants, Candid Consultants etc.

Competency Mapping: Measurement of an individual's competencies against the competencies that are derived for his poition, Level, Function etc.. This is normally done during interviews and appraisal reviews also additionally in assessment centres.

Both Put together is called as Competency Assessment.

To name a few Competencies, say for HR Executive it could be Clarity of Purpose, Customer Service, People Management, Uses HR Tools and Resources and in the same Company for a Senior HR Manager it could be Understands Team and Orgnisation behaviour, Creates trust, Resolves Confict, Strategic Planner etc..

Competency Deleopment : You develop the compentencies of an individual once the areas of improvement are identified and this is done through Training, Assigning an internal project, Assigning a particular task that would help him to develop that particular competency.

* Performance Review Model:

Again i hope you are intending to mean Performance Review. This involves two phases - Planning and Reviewing.

Planning : This involves setting up the Key Result Areas for a particular position in an Organisation. And also the performance standards for each of the KRAs mentioned.
Eg. My KRA is to Recruit 100 people in a month.
If i recruit 100 people in a month my Rating would be 5 ( 5 being highest and 1 being lowest, differs from company to company),

If i recruit 85 people/ lesser in a month my Rating would be 4

If i recruit 75 people/ lesser in a month my Rating would be 3

f i recruit 65 people/ lesser in a month my Rating would be 2

If it is just below 50, my rating would be 1.

Reviewing: Validating the acheivement of an individual against the KRAs that are set during the year beginning, or during role change and very importantly when he joins.

360 Degree Appraisal: Appraisal done in all the four directions like Supervisor, Peers, Subordinate and Customer where in an individual is appraised by all the partners involved in his job.
Advantage: An individual being assessed by all the areas and the feedback could be validated well since they are from different sources.
Disadvantages: Comlicated process
Lot of Analysis to be done
In many cases, it is impractical.
Particularly in India it is difficult, as HR has to do lot of follow ups (even) for Traditional appraisal ( appraisal by Only Manager).

Gayathri, would appreciate if you could share your experience on MBO.

Dear Seniors,
I have handled only exit among the areas mentioned by me. So please correct me if i am wrong somewhere in the above mentioned points.

Regards,
GVS

From India, Madras
rajanassociates

Dear
There is no rule that you should issue relieving letter on the last day ,it is just a process and you can issue it after you make all the checks and ask him to comeback to collect it unless he leaves the Station. Merely because he has gone it does not mean you cannot claim it if you .In case you can fix the responsibility with evidence you can seek for recovering the loss.
With Regards
V.Sounder Rajan

E-mail : ,

From India, Bangalore
Yatin_9

Hi, I suppose this finds you useful. Modify according to your requirement. Regards, Yatin. :idea:
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Company Separation and Clearance Form.doc (45.0 KB, 2090 views)

Bharat Ketkar

Hi, Gayatri
You can ragister the case with local police
Consult them, the employee can be braught to book officially
It is not much difficult
If you have Security Mgr or Admin Mgr, ask them to ragister the case
Regards
Bharat Ketkar

From Switzerland, Langenthal
HRgayathri

Dear GVS,
Performance Review in many of the companies is based on MBO method(Management by Objective). Management will follow an objective to do the review which should be accepted by the employees as well. It is a two way communication. Getting the self assessment score from the employees for a particular organization goal/objective and scoring received from the management(Supervisors) about that employee and map both scores. Discuss about the results with the employees and Supervisors as employee should not feel that the results are in bias. So even the employee know where they stand and based on the results, review for him is done.
Please check on this. Correct me if I am wrong.
Please share some informations which you know so that we both will be mutually benefited with knowledge on HR processes. I am interested to learn HR process, as I am new to the HR field
Regards,
Gayathri.

From India, Bangalore
manasvi

Hi:
I would like to share what we do to avoid such situation.
We have formality called Full & Final Settlement, the employee on his last working day has to collect the form and needs to gets all relevant dept/people signature which include the project head and group head signature column, which ensure the work/related material handover.
After getting signature from others, employee has to go to Finance dept for finance related settlement and finance person will let him know the amount he is going to get end of the month. But that amount will only be given to him after 5 working days, if month end but if employee is leaving in middle of the month, the payment will be made to him end of the month only.
That form will then come to HRD, after ensuring all have signed the relieving and experience letter can be given.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.