No Tags Found!

anuj
Hi all,

I am working in a small manufacturing concern in the human resource department. My CTC is about 1.0 lacks per annum. I am MBA - HR and My total yrs of experience is about 2 yrs.

Now, I got a offer from a company (I process). This company keeps the records of persons who work for bank (icici) on outsourced basis. The jump is about 40% of what i am getting and the place of posting will be local only.

But the dilemma is that I am getting the offer for the Administration (handling all admin functions) Dept. and not for HR. While in current company I am in HR department dealing with human resource functions.

Some of my colleagues told me not to join because the HR is different from administration and once u had joined the Admin. department it will be difficult to come back to the human resource dept. as further if u attend interviews in future u had to explain why there is a switch from HR --- Admin and now u want to come to Hr dept. again.

I am desperate to leave my current job but in the field of hr only.

What should I do-

Should I join the new company (i - process) in Admin role? or wait for some thing in the field of human resource only.

Pls tell me bcoz i had to reply some body within 5 days.

pls pls pls

Anuj

From India, Gurgaon
fayeg

hi anuj,
first of all please let me know whether during interview you informed them about your preferences about working in HR, or did you say you were ready for any job role. It is very important to state what job role and dept you would want to work in. Also what exactly would be your job role. Would it be handling HR admin functions or admin functions as a whole.
I suggest you seek a clarification about your job role and then change.
Faye

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sidhu1972

Hi
U may switch off from HR and switch on to Admn. U hav exp of 2 yrs and if u r getting exp in admn for few yrs then its positive to switch on to HR & Admn which is better than HR or Admn. Now ur choice. U think and take the decision.
Regards
Sidheshwar
Note: Admn role differs HR role.

From India, Bangalore
anuj
Hi Fayeg,
The job profile will be only "Admin functions".
During the interview they told me that u will be handling Admin + some functions of HR, but now they had given me only "Admin functions."
Now what to do Sir, if I join Admin department I will lost my HR field?
Pls suggest
Anuj

From India, Gurgaon
sidhu1972

yes, u ll forget all HR functions but wats wrong. depends upon person, if u r able to convince the mgt after joining to handle HR and results are main.
From India, Bangalore
anuj
Hi Fayeg & Sidhu,
Thanks for your kind suggessition.
After many thought I had decided that I'll not join the new company in the Admin Department as it will be difficult for me to join in the field of HR again.
I hope I had taken the right decision.
Thanks again for ur guidance.
Pls be in touch.
Anuj

From India, Gurgaon
Manju73hr

Hi Anuj,

If you want to settle in HR and if you have good job satisfaction (forget about salary part), I wish to suggest you to stay in HR only, because your aim is to settle in HR. Keep trying to get another good HR job.
You should not be in dilemma having 2 years of experience in HR. I am sure, by this time you are very well aware about the functions of HR and Administration.

With best wishes,
Manjunath

From India, Hyderabad
archnahr

Dear,
I would tell you not to join in Admin. If you want to shift desperately join some firm where HR is strong. Dont join in a hurry.
I have taken many interviews and as a member of selection commitee I may always prefer an HR person rather than going for an admin person.
Make up your mind, evaluate all the pros and cons and then decide.
Cheers and Be cool,
:wink:
Archna

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.