No Tags Found!

K.Ravi

Thats nice,, and i knew overseas people dont waste time, and here HR people think they are allrounders as if going to select the candidate by asking a simple mysterious question,
tell me about yourself,
and you see there are so things to tell about myself, all I can do is laugh, that how come the HR does not have sense ,,, he can directly come to the point by mentioning the bare facts of the job and ask point to point questions,, ,which these people never do, and talk some big big words like attitude of candidate, his speaking skills, his nature etc which I dont understand these big big words , all I know is point to point direct questions without wasting both caniddates time n HR s time,. :huh::huh:
and the jd which HR prepares is all just hyped i mean HR only uses big big words like performance , appraisal, achievement etc,,, but in truth even in recruitments the HR is just a clerk ,,

From India, Pune
mgsuresh

Dear All,
I dont agree with these questions asked,now there are finishing schools by which you can bee fooled.Getting knowledge about NLP,Body Language and Behavioural interview questions can only do the Job.
I have been in HR for last 4 years and recruited a lot of people from various countries,in my experience what i have seen is people who are sound in technical(Mech,Civil,S/W,Accounts) are weak in communication.But in their respective field they are go getters,so based on communication skill can we select/discard a person.
If we are selecting a person for coordination,sales,HR,Admin the case is true you need to check his presentation skill,communication skill etc.
What about people producing fake certificates for interviews ??
Selection based on Physcometric Testing are 100% reliable???.Even above all these things i a person determined and trained to make fool of us (with good communication skill) will he get absored????
Suresh

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
K.Ravi

good point by suresh,
so here comes my query if a person like me is determined and trained to make fool of you, obviously if I am attending interview as a candidate and you are the interviewer do you think you will know what really is going on in my mind, by just asking me tell me about yourself, because if I am excellent in my work, my 90% interview will be cleared, just I may get rejected because of some foolish HR , who does not like me, or if the HR has bad day he will reject me, but if the HR is in good mood, and then if I am already prepared with nice answers and keep my body language excellent, keep my communication skills excellent how will your question of TMAURSELF,, help you dear,,
we people always come with new ideas to fool HR n get the job done,,:twisted::twisted:

From India, Pune
K.Ravi

you see HR people you just hold on to a single point and conclude but from your one point there arises 1000 points,, if I stopped posting in this thread, you people will happily assume that

Tell me about urself = a right question to select / reject a candidate

but the truth is not so, tell me about urself cant help u people while dealing with experienced people, and for people like me who are excellent in our work, we dont like beating around the bush, we know we are joining a company for doing hard work and wont tolerate any nonsence by HR in the interview even though it may mean rejection, and I am laughing when the HR tells that you have been rejected as if I begged to the HR to give me the job,, hehehehe wot a joke wot a joke,,,

dont know why HR use the word rejected,,, as if candidate begs,,, to HR to join the company,,

HR advertises the ad n candidate applies,, HR can reply,, that candidate is not suitable or does not match instead of using word rejection,,,

as if the HR is some big rejector hehehehe wot a joke ;););)

From India, Pune
mgsuresh

Dear All,
Dont get upset Mr.Ravi,by the word rejected,though i dont agree with the message" Rejected" instead you can say we have found a person who are closer to our profile(Competency,salary,Experience).
Suresh

mamta230

Dear All,
What are we discussing and with whom and why and how anyone can intrude and blame HR due to a simple question due to his/candidate's personal opinion about his own pre-conceived notions about HR. No body has right to abuse HR profession for what soever reasons.
It is beyond the scope and understanding of a candidate what HR process is followed in interviewing a candidate and final selection wheather it is based on judgement of panel of interviewers or skill test/questionnaire and later antecedent verification of candidate.
Companies call candidates as per shortlisting of CVs against their requirement and candidates attend interview due to their need to explore a better opportunity , no one is oblizing anyone.
It is accountability of HR Head to put right people on the right job and for selecting right people he need to use his professional skills by using right process and appropriate interview panel as per level of the position and skills required.
It is requested to HR Professionals don't entangled in unnecessary issues in future.
Thank you all, keep high dignity of self and your profession !
Sundeep wadhwa

From India, New Delhi
Ash Mathew

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Why do u think only HR wants to know abt you?
I guess the interviews take place with HR being a part of the panel (so that later when the candidate does not perform they can put the blame on HR stating that - he was still there! ;-) )
Guys, whether you feel its stupid or not - you have to go through that question. Its a test of self-image.
If you feel its a worthless question, then you are probably feeling insecure to talk about yourself.
And Mr. Sunil, have you ever been through an over seas interview? I doubt.
Your answers disclose so!

From India, Madras
mgsuresh

Dear Ash,

If the question you mentioned(Mr.Sunil) the answer is yes.Tell be about you is only an ice breaking kind of one.How a person can judge a Civil Draftsman knowledge with communication skill,the HR floks should only check his attitude and then put for the technical interview and what i have seen from my experience is that people like the above said category works in an excellent manner when they were given test in drawings like AutoCad and 3D Max.So simply "rejecting" the candidates on the basis of "Tell me about yourself" is baseless.
I have seen the attitude of HR Changes when an employee puts his paper,delay the payment,F&F settlement,cancellation of visa(Overseas) ,PF,ESI transfer certificate etc.There are some areas to be revamped from our side also.
I sand for the earlier posting by Ash Mathews" HR is the Bridge between employee and employer" but it doesnot mean that HR floks are " Born to do anything"

Finally if my comments have hurted any one sorry for that.One more answer to Ash Mathews yes i have been through interviews in overseas and now i am working in overseas and done recruitment in various countries sucessfully and if you have got any doubt about my intergrity and service towards employees and employers(as you said) i dont care at all.

Bhajiya

This means introduce yourself and your background etc information sharing. Why members feel this question so offensive...and irretating to them. Bhajiya
From Saudi Arabia
Ash Mathew

Oops suresh - Communication plays a very important aspect. And I guess you mis understood whats been communicated earlier.

No one said that HR has been born to do anything and no one said that "tell me abt yourself" is the final deciding question. :icon4:
It is necessary to know more abt the person - technical can always be gauged with tools..but can attitude be gauged with tools? To a certain extent psyhcometric tests help, but that will not help you always.

I guess you need to re-frame your answer. No one here said that "tell me abt urself" is the final deciding question. Thats where the conversation starts.

Be it anyjob.

And - Communication does not mean ONLY "knowing" the language. Communication gauged during interview - is how well you are communicating about yourself? How well you know yourself? How well you are able to "present" yourself. I am quoting this many times, but am not tired until this reaches you - its about "Self image".
And also to know abt your family background. What kind of culture you have been through. Mind you - its not just technical skills fit, but also culture - fit or culture - adaptable.

It will be silly to think that communication skills only mean conversing well in the language. It is more than that.

And Suresh - whether u have been overseas or not - is not our question here :lol:

Suresh - are you against HR? It looks like my statements are itching you - for no reason!

I dont understand why you had to vouch for urself abt your integrity or anything related to ur experience overseas. :-) It looks like - most of us are givign importance in convincing that we are good, or trying to defend even before someone would raise a finger at us. Is this really important for us? No.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Relax.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.