No Tags Found!

nehavishwakarma.annu@gmail.com
Hello Experts.......
I work as a HR Executive in an agriculture company. I want to know leave policy for SL & EL. Can both be carry forward or not? Please provide me in details.
Yours Sincerely
Neha
HR Executive

From India, New%20Delhi
manikyala Rao
ENTERPRISES

LEAVE POLICY

Table of Contents

1. INTRODUCTION
2. PRIVILEGE LEAVE (PL)
3. CASUAL LEAVE (CL)
4. MATERNITY LEAVE (ML)
5. PERSONAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE
6. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
7. COMPENSATORY OFF
8. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)

INTRODUCTION

The leave policy enables the employees on Enterprises to enjoy the leaves allotted to them. The policy also defines the allotment applicability and process of entitlement of leaves.

Privilege Leave (PL)

Eligibility

 All regular, full- time employees Amit Enterprises are eligible for Privilege Leave.
 Privilege Leave is calculated on a month on month basis for the calendar year (January – December)
 If you have joined during the middle of the year, your Privilege leave will be pro-rated from the date you start employment through December 31 of that calendar year.

Entitlement

 One Privilege Leave accrues when an employee is present 20 working days.
 Privilege Leave is exclusive of official and weekly holidays. Hence if an employee takes leave during which time a declared holiday or weekend occurs, then those particular date(s) will be counted as your Privilege Leave.

 Privilege leave can be clubbed with Casual Leave.

Accumulation/ Carry forward

 You are urged to use your Privilege Leave time in the year it has accrued.

 There is no accumulation or carry forward of Casual Leave.

Leave in Excess of Entitlements

This is normally not permitted. However, should there be a need, the employee must apply for the same with full details of the need / reason and the same will be decided on a case to case basis and may be treated as leave with or without pay, purely at the discretion of the Management. This shall require specific approval from the concerned Departmental Leader and HR. The Company may, notwithstanding reason advanced by employee, refuse leave in excess of entitlement in its absolute discretion.

Encashment

Encashment of leaves will be done at the time of Resgination only those leaves which are earned will be encashed.

calculation of Encashable Leaves is:
Encashable Amount = Monthly (Basic +DA) / 30* Encashable Leave (Only Earned)

Adjustment against notice period

Balance Privilege leaves cannot be adjusted against the notice period during termination of services.

Process
 To avail Privilege leave, the employee is required to get his/ her manager’s approval.
 If it is an emergency or medical reason then Management has a sole right to consider the leave to pay or without pay.

 Current Privilege leave balance and utilized leave will be reflected in the payslip on a month on month basis.

 The leave entitled are on pro rata basis hence it has to be availed in two parts 10 leaves upto June 30 of that year and balance 11 till december considering per month share of 1.75 leaves including CL.

Casual Leave

Eligibility
All regular, full- time employees at Amit Enterprises are eligible for Casual Leave.
Casual Leave is calculated annually for the calendar year (January-December)
If you have joined during the middle of the year, your casual leave will be pro-rated
from the date you start employment through December 31 of that calendar year.

Entitlement
 As per the rules under The Shops and Establishment Act, you are entitled to 6 days of Casual Leave to attend to personal matters and not for vacation.
 Casual Leave shall be credited to the employees account at the beginning of the calendar year.
 New employees are eligible to use Casual Leave immediately upon hire.
 Casual leave cannot be clubbed more than 3 at a time.
 Casual Leave can be clubbed with Privilege Leave.

Accumulation
There is no accumulation or carry forward of Casual Leave.

Encashment
Casual leave can be encashed or adjusted against notice pay at the time of
separation.

Process

 An employee can request for Casual Leave to attend to personal matters. These would be granted at the discretion of the Supervisor.
 The employee is required to apply for Casual Leave in advance, unless in case of exigencies where he/she shall submit the leave approval request to the Supervisor within 48 hours of resuming duty.
 Casual leave must be recorded accurately in the time sheet as “Time off with pay”.

Maternity Leave (ML)

Eligibility

 Maternity leave is a statutory leave .All women employees will be entitled to maternity benefits as per the provisions of the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 and the prevailing State rules.
 Married and expecting women employees are eligible to avail maternity leave.
 Women employees who have completed a minimum of 80 days of continuous service with the company are eligible for maternity leave
 If you are on probation, you are entitled to avail maternity leave, provided the above condition is fulfilled.

Entitlement

 Maternity leave is restricted to two live births during the service with the company Women employees who have worked for a minimum period of 80 days in the twelve months prior to the delivery shall be entitled to Maternity Leave of up to

-12 weeks in case of delivery
- 6 weeks in case of miscarriage, from the date of miscarriage

 Under the Act, women employees are eligible for a maximum period of 12 weeks as Maternity Leave and this leave shall not be extended beyond a period of 1 month, without a certificate from a Qualified Medical Practitioner and approval of the HR Personnel.

 All leave/s beyond the statutory limit of 12 weeks will be charged to Privilege Leave.

Process

 The employee should give at least one month's notice prior to the date of commencement of leave.

 Maternity leave must be recorded accurately in the Oracle time sheet as “Leave of Absence”

 If you are proceeding on leave beyond the stipulated time, you need to get special approval.

Personal Leave of Absence

 A personal leave of absence is an unpaid, Amit Enterprises-authorized period of absence from the job for up to six months.
 Amit Enterprises may allow a personal leave of absence for unique or extraordinary reasons that do not fit within the other types of leave offered.
 After one year of continuous employment, all Amit Enterprises full-time employees are eligible to file a request for a personal leave of absence. Any employee requesting a personal leave of absence must file a written request with his or her Supervisor.
 A personal leave of absence is granted at the sole discretion of the organization and Amit Enterprises reserves the right to refuse requests for personal leave. The decision to grant a personal leave will be based on the business needs of Amit Enterprises, the person's tenure with Amit Enterprises, the person's recent performance/contributions, and the reason for the requested leave.
 A leave of absence will NOT be granted to allow an employee time off to start his/her own business, seek employment elsewhere, or to work for another employer (a possible exception is for part-time, voluntary, honorary work for an entity/body organized as a non-profit).
 For more information about the process for requesting a leave of absence and the effects of the leave on your benefits and options, please speak to the HR team at Amit Enterprises.

Paid Holidays

3 National holidays and 2 festive holidays shall be announced before the beginning of each financial year. The list of proposed public holidays for 2010 is attached in the Annexure.

Annexure – Festive Holiday Schedule for 2010

Sr. No. Date Day Holiday
1 26th January Tuesday Republic Day
2 1st May Saturday Maharashtra Day
3 15th August Sunday Independence Day
4 22nd September Wednesday Anant Chaturdashi
5 7th November Sunday Diwali Padwa

Compensatory Off

Eligibility

All full time employees are eligible for compensatory off.

Entitlement

 Extra Working hours more than 8 Hrs which are not encashed against Overtime.

 Extra Working Hour on weekly off.

 Extra Working Hour on paid holiday.

Accumulation

The compensatory off will not be accumulated more than one month it has to taken within that month only.

Process

Employee has to submit written application in which the extra working details as well as adjustment details has to be submitted to HR department duly signed by department head.

Adjustment against Notice Period

Employee can adjust his compensatory off days against his notice period.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if I need a Casual Leave in an emergency and have already exhausted my
quota. Can I take an PL instead?
A. While you can take PL.

Q. If I have been working on Weekly off due to business exigencies, can I be
given a compensatory off?
A. There are no provisions for compensatory offs of any kind as the Company discourages working on Saturdays and Sundays and wants all its employees to plan work more efficiently. However, in case of business exigencies, you are called to work on an off – day you may be allowed a compensatory off subject to prior approval of your Supervisor.

Q. If an accident happens on the work premises and I need Privilege Leave, will that be adjusted against my existing entitlement or will it be treated as Extraordinary Leave?
A. Leave will be adjusted against the existing entitlement.

Q. Can I combine my entire PL & CL (till date) with my Maternity Leave or is
there a ceiling to it?
A. While you can combine PL (unutilized) and CL with maternity leaves, such leave plans should necessarily be discussed with the supervisor, since long leave will have impact on the functioning of the department.

Q. Many times staff in critical work areas or stage posting cannot use the
Public/Festival holidays. Can these be converted into Privilege Leave?
A. No. But the employee can take paid time off on some other day with the supervisor’s concurrence.

Q. If I need to take leave for Exams, what kind of Leave can I utilize?
A. No, there are no provisions of study leave. You can apply for EL in such a situation. However, if you are attending a company sponsored/ approved course you may be allowed extended leave – with or without pay subject to sole discretion of HR and your Supervisor.

Q. How & when should I we can apply for leaves?
A. By proper sanctioning of your immediate supervisor for casual reason well in advance & for emergency and medical will be sanctioned by proper document evidence.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.