No Tags Found!

varghesemathew

D Srihari,
Can you say which law in India prescribe that PL or other leaves can be deducted for late coming ?.There is no such law.even POW Act can be applicable only for employees whose wages is not more than Rs 18000/pm.
Even SO Act or sec 9 A of ID Act is applicable only for workmen.
Varghese Mathew

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
kannanmv

Dear Saswata Banerjee,

I have endorsed the fact that in my opinion there is no provisions in the act for deducting leave for late comings.

However, if you announce that you are going to deduct leave for late coming, I am sure, as you have indicated, employees will say OK I will report in the second half of the shift.

This will not happen frequently because, if he recognizes that, he is likely to be late for work, he will choose to stay off for the first half and report for the second shift. So late coming on record will come down. But in my opinion this will also diminish because his leave balance will keep reducing and he may not have leave to his credit and will have to be on leave without pay sooner or later. Moreover, he will find it difficult to commute once again from his residence for the second half quite arduous. Hence, he will try to tune his reporting time in line with the organizational policy.

Yet another feature that can be introduced is the attendance incentive scheme. The scheme can encourage employees.to restrict their leave availing in a month to say 1- 2 days, apart from his regular weekly off and National and Festival holidays declared by the company, and the amount can be quite lucrative. This will promote reporting on time indirectly.

In short a policy for late coming clubbed with an attendance incentive scheme will bring in the desired benefit.

In my opinion there are habitual late comers and if these habitual late comers are not discouraged it encourages others who are reporting on time to follow suit. If these habitual late comers, who are generally few in number, are controlled then this feature will be quite manageable.

Late coming in my opinion if uncontrolled, leads to extended lunch breaks (more than the stipulated time).

Reporting to work on time has to slowly be culminated, to lead to reporting at the work spot on time. This is because we do find employees reporting to work on time but still do not report to their work spot on time and keep chatting about the news of the day with their colleagues wasting precious man hours of their as well as their colleagues.

Regards

M.V.Kannan

From India, Madras
brmohan
I agree with the views of Arun Jain.
for late coming or late punching of attendance we can initiate proportionate deduction of salary as per the provisions of payment of wages Act, on the principle\" No work -No wages\". Deduction of 1/2 days salary is not correct/fair & a late comer may prefer to come in the second half, instead of immediate 15 minutes late. In that case we are incurring production loss, knowingly. For habitual late comers we should initiate disciplinary action as per SO.

From India, Bangalore
anjanatanay@gmail.com

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments suggestions. I have propose to management that not to deduct EL/PL instead of deduct duty days.
Exa- If some one comes late during the whole month says( 8 hours by calculating every day late from standard official time) then 1 day salary should deduct. also if someone comes 6 hours late throughout the month then one stern warning letter will issue immediately that, not to repeat again.
Is I am wrong kindly suggest.
Regards
Anjana

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.