jyo.kp3

Hi,
I think you got an unanimous opinion from all female HR professionals to spend time with your young son just now. :-)
True. Parenting in itself is a full time activity with a lot of emotional quotient of HR involved. So give your 100% to it.
As for your job, if it allows you free time why dont you upgrade your qualifications by taking up a suitable HR related IT diploma or learn a foreign language? It wld keep you mentally occupied and you wld enjoy the learning process. By the time your son is old enough you would have additional qualifications in your kitty which could get you better opportunities in bigger firms. Later on you may not find time or inclination to take up further studies.
Lastly, the secret of happiness in life is to be content with the circumstances we are in and make the most of it. Hope you find happiness in the choice you make.
All the best.
Jyothi

kirtiblr
Dear Moksha,
I am a HR professional with a 9 month old son.I believe this is the time when your son needs you the most in his life.So give him the top prirority.Stick on to the same job for a while, until your son is 1.5 years or so,later you can advance in your career.For a women motherhood is the most special phase in her life , there are many people who are longing for the same. So enjoy this time with your baby.I am sure his one smile will definitely wipe away all your confusions and worries regarding career.Else you can ask your parents or inlaws to comedown and take care of the child.In that case you will be getting more time for career as well.
Regards,
Keerthi

From India, Bangalore
ashwinisubbiah@hotmail.com

Dear Veena, Hanuma, Chaitali, Shraddha, PVQ, Jeroo, Rajat, Pallavi, Jerri, Joyti, and Keerthi.

Thank you all so much for taking the time and helping me in my predicament . Your replies have made a big difference to me

Now that I have got my priorities right I fell so much better in my job and well as my personal life.

I have decided that for now my son is my first priority ( It was an easy decision with Keethi’s sentence “I am sure his one smile will definitely wipe away all your confusions and worries regarding career”)

I have decided to hang on to my present organisation. Work fewer hours ( Have permission to work 6 hours) while keeping abreast with the latest happening in Hr through the citeHR site and may be as Jyothi suggested upgrade my qualifications. When i son starts school I intend start something on my own or look out for a better job.

Any yes! I have realised that the secret of happiness in life is to be content with the circumstances we are in and make the most of it.

Thank you all once again

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.