No Tags Found!

Yogesh S
Thankx Ravi,
You put a good light on this topic as the HR role is an important one in this aspect wherein a performing culture should be defined, developed and inculcated.
You clearly mentioned the role of HR to change the culture. Although it is not easy job to change the old culture but it depends what th company wants. Removing is an easy job like to remove all beggers to show poverty line but first train them give them a free hand and then remove them if they do not perform.
with love
Mridula Sahani
GM HRD, A Software Co.

From India, New Delhi
Yogesh S
Ravi Sir, Good views to Yogesh’s topic. First HRD has to do its job then blame anyone. regards, Jetti Bindal, Sahara Gp.
From India, New Delhi
Sari

Dear Friends,
I very well accept Ravi's comments on importance of HR handling such a situation, i commented only from my companys perspective....in the present scenario where HRs are struggling to retain senior employees why would one want seniors to quit..it varies with companies and their culture..
In my case....our seniors are not only incapable...but are not ready to go for any training..also oppose recruiting freshers.....infact most of the time they safeguard themselves with their own references...it is not only getting stagnated but influencing others....there is no HR DEPARTMENT...only one HR.....and it is not easy to oppose seniors who are emotionally attached to management....
I donot have any negative grudges against my seniors infact we all are in good terms...but that doesnt solve the purpose...iam worried about the coming Projects....and only want competent employees..

From India, Hyderabad
rajeshwari.ramachandran

Mr.Ravi, Well said, Everything has to have a result and performance oriented. to motivate and to achieve the highest level in performance is the HR dept job regards Rajeshwari
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
ravik

Thanx to all the members.

I have a suggestion to SARI and members alike, though I know its difficult. For us to show our worth, we have to have the confidence of our Management for doing things out of the box.

I think everybody would agree to the fact that the vision of any Company(leave out NGO's here), is to make profits and everybody agrees that the mantra to sustain profits is to perform consistently over a period of time.

Concentrate on your regular work until you acheive the confidence of your mangement in a clever manner(Now Don say its impossible, remember: your so called Seniors have done that).Do it without effecting the relationships with other employees.In short, Be Tactful friends and everything would be fine. Dont try to work out new ideas without the approval from the management.Otherwise what happens is you do all the work and the idea gets rejected an then you get frustated.

Come on frends, Concentrate on impressing your Management.As a HR i should not speak like this, but thats how a Company works.

Sorry If Iam wrong.

Regards,

Ravi.

From India, Vijayawada
valbooj

the gap is :
lack of understanding leads to
1. resistance to change by the old experienced persons
2. reluctant to learn the new things by the old experienced persons
3. lack of team work between the new and old experienced persons
between executive and the old experienced persons
solution:
exectuive should be a responsible for understanding them
and make them understand the new consequences inthe present bussiness field.

From India, Hyderabad
Anupriya Bhattacharya

Hi !
I truly agree with you. Change is the spice of life.Every organisation needs change .So it may be considered as a change that new employees are introduced in the organisation. But this does not mean that old employees donot hold any importance in the organisation. They are the carrier of Organisational ethics in the premises. They are the light for the organisation as well as for the new recruits.And last but not the least "Knowledge moves with people" so if any employee leaves the organisation then ample amount of knowledge has moved out from the organisation.
But in my opinion old employees should also try to shun away their stubborn attitude towards the new recruits.If they are seniors to the new recruits then they should maintain their reputation by behaving in an elderly manner but not like a hard task master.
Thanks & Regards !!!!
Anupriya Bhattacharya

From India, Pune
Swati Mahajan
Hi

This is really nice question.

It is hire & fire culture.

This is long-term payment for short-term result at the cost of trust, morale & experienced employee.

One interesting part, new people are recruited due to new idea but senior & junior are evaluated on same basis i. e. Competency based Evaluation. Sometime it is not fair because seniors have molded themselves & thinking according to organizational culture & past experience. Perception of senior on any issue might not give result immediately but it is useful long-term decision.

When any experience person leaves, It is lose of organization as employee move out with experience, knowledge, idea about future development. If time is money. As new people take time to take responsibility of experienced person. It is wastage of time because in absence of senior others need time to have regular & smooth functioning. Also psychologically it affects other employee. Might they will develop fear of same future for them. They will always carry fear to lose their job & have low morale. It directly has negative impact on organizational growth.

For organization, people with new idea & experience people both are equally important. With proper career plan & team building there will be nice blending of new concepts & experience to get results. This can be achieved with proper communication of short term & long-term goals, expected result, clarity of role of each member. Short time span should be given to the seniors to prepare themselves to get adjusted with new culture. This will develop the trust, mutual understanding & cooperation.

Swati

From India, Nasik
Anupriya Bhattacharya

Hi!
Swati,
Thanks for giving your valuable views on my contribution.I totally agree with you.
Old and new employes both hold equal importance in the organisation . So they should themselves understand their role clearly and work according to that .
Regards
Anupriya Bhattacharya

From India, Pune
Hiten Parekh

Agreed Venkatesh !
We see inclusion of freshers and young employess but there is no signs of 'removal' or 'mini retrenchment' as posted by some members.
We face problem of scarcity of personnel be it young and inexperienced or old and experienced.
Is the issue about giving more authorities to young generation ignoring the existing staff?
- Hiten

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.