No Tags Found!

rakeshjohri

Dear All,
their is not a wrong decision by the jet airways becouse without a proper work how can any company bear these expanses in the current economic situation. For example if we have a servent in our house & our financial condition is not good like past & we can not bear the salary of the servent than we can also doing the same what ever did by the Jet airways. So i think Jet airways not doing a unethical becouse all these employees are not confirm employee & Jet airways have all the right to dismiss their job at any time.
At the end we all thanks to Mr. Naresh Goyal who takes the decision back . He such takes a brave decision .
Thanks
Rakesh Johri
H.R. Professional

From India, Gurgaon
varghese.cj@agappe.in
Times are hard. Innovativeness need to come as a measure of rescue. Retrenchment perhaps is a need of the hour to effectively combat the economic turbulance worldwide. Jet is an employee friendly boss. The whole episode could have been little more innovative - the HR way, the friendly way.
cj

From India, Thrissur
abhirulzz

hey all,,, nw d matter of fact is,,,dat wat so evr is happenin wid d economy is first of its kind,,,nd so d upcomingz r also fr d first tym to be experienced on a large scale... d only solution to avoid such things is ,,,dat a bettr economic policy should be formulated so tht wenevr our markets are struck wid such worst scenarios dere is least negative effect on d employess and common people............
As far as i think,,,dis is d only way. nw d giants nd all dose who by nw hav grt experience in HR,,,dey should co-ordinate nd decide hw to manage such scenarios in upcomin futures

From India
deepak dixit
Hi
I know we all as employees do not like this kind of lay off by any company...be it Jet or other IT companies... We all know about the global meltdown which is having an impact on almost all the companies and as a result on emloyees... Also this is giving an advantage in return to organisation to cut extra flab and do cost cutting in pretext of global meltdown.
I see this lay off due to merger with Kingfisher. If it really would have been due to global phenomenon then they would have saved the cost by reducing bit of salary across all levels... then of laying employees off...

From India, New Delhi
Srinivasan.S
Hi folks
As the HR is empowered with hiring policies, it is also empowered to show the door. In my opinion, the orders of HR has been over looked and they have been taken back.
Whatsoever, it is Mgmt decision to fire and again revoke it... but HR only will feel the heat..
Think twice before making a decision; if it is taken leave it.
Regards
Srinivasan

From Singapore, Singapore
abhirulzz

arre yaar....,,,u ppl r still fightin out,,,whtr HR to be blamed or nt...cm'on frndz,,,dis issue as a whole needs a concern,,,stop blamin each othr,,,nd if u cn,,,den giv valuable suggestions which wud help us furthr to face such situations..... dwn d line its cure is only helpful nt findin out reasons....
From India
satyajit.menon@eupath.com

Media sensationalism apart, what was astounding to watch on TV was Naresh Goya's claim that he wasn't even aware that the management had taken the decision to lay off it's employees.

Therefore once he got to know of it, he was unable to control his emotions and hence reversed the decision. Thats acceptable, though.

However, if Naresh Goyal claims that he was not informed by his management of the decision to lay off employees, I can imagine how the company must run especially the HR department's plight of having to dabble with such critical inconsistencies.

I wonder if there will ever be a thorough investigation made on why the decision to lay off was taken in the first place apart with all this media speculation. My guess is, all this will simmer down and the grand old story of "All's well that ends well" will prevail.

Secondly what worries me now is, how are companies going to react to similar situations where a company may genuinely not be in a position to reverse its decision. With employees running amok with protests and the media playing second fiddle, could genuinely financially troubled large and/or small companies be held at ransom to be subjected such pressure by employees, media and politicians, given that in this scenario, some of the aspects that went awry were:

1. Ineffective and immature communication by the Jet management to its employees
2. No proper business justifications being made aware to both sides (media, people and employees)
3. The basic decorum and inability to handle separations of this kind

From India, Hyderabad
aurienigma
Hello frndz...
The point which needs to b taken into consideration is that expansion and other business strategies are not made in one day...and above it u need to consider both sides (success n failure) related to it and formulate a backup plan. Jet chairman seems to be working under pressure of environment. The co. is earning loss or profit can be very well made out by keen observation of environment and the balance sheet.
The business strategy should b linked with HR strategy. Here comes the role of HR as strategic planner.
Regards,
Enigma

From India, Lucknow
Anurag Jain

Hi,

I am agreed with Arun and Paromita; we need to deal with the situation very carefully and strategically. When we look our political scenario; terrorism, caste based riots, vote based politics and criminal, less or illiterate politicians; this very important to deal the HR Department with the bulk issues like retrenchment.
For the HR; there must be a strategic retrenchment planning for such huge firing of employees.
The HR Department may retrench the employees:
1. Gradually in parts from the base location
2. Shifting to staff at other business location (Where the cultural and political scenario is calm; as we see Maharashtra(Lesson from Jet) and Bangal (Lesson from Tata) are now not good) and plan for retrenchment
3. Offer substantial reduction in the salary compensation.
4. Add a special clause in the letter of appointment regarding the substantial reduction in salary or termination during the slack in the business by the employer.
5. If the recruitments are for the special project or the special requirement of the company. Then these must be conditional recruitment and subjected to the survival of the project.
6. Though this is a suggestion only but desired to be included in the relevant act to protect the employees, in the even of the employee take the shelter of the trade union or a political party and force to the organisation; the government shall make an effort for the concessions, rebate, subsidy to employer organisation to protect the business as well as the employees.
7. Government must not interfere but to classify there interference in the industry. The industry must be classified from the Job point of view in Premium and Standard categories. Only the standard category must have govt interference.
8. above point may have strength and I would like to give this opportunity to all the members to lead the technical discussion and to introduce the new thing.

Anurag

From India, Jaipur
Bharti.Kanungo
Hi
I am agree this is a wrong management apporoach.But as per senario situation going worst management take a good decision not for the employees behalf,it is only for company interest. Company can take this decision only b'coz of fear (legal organisation, media & other people stands on the employees side) so for the sake of company management can change this statement.Employees are real sufferer in the whole because they know company can terminate anytime(very carefully) if situation handled.Please think,if any of employees commit sucide due to this what would be the answer.It's is not a political or media issue.It is critical issue. It is wrong management approach.I appeal thru the all HR personal please recuitment can be done as per the need of company. Don't recruit bulk employees in the company b'coz it is always reduce the company cost which is wrong approach.
Regards
Bharti
HR

From India, Indore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.