monaisha

If an employee resigns , can he take PL/ Cl in the notice period ? Please guide.
From India, Delhi
vijayahr9

Hi Monisha,
If the person is having his leave balance, then he can get it adjusted in his Notice Period. In in that case he is not allowed to tk leave in Notice Period. or else the Notice Period will extend by those many days.
I hope I was able to solve ur problem. In case of any doubts, plz mail me or chat with me at
Regards
Vijaya

From India, Ahmedabad
sunil dutt
Earned leave is adjusted in F&F and once the employee resigns , technically he cannot avail the leave , but in some companies employees do avail leave and the same is granted .
in case of doubt and any query pl contact
SRD

From India, Mumbai
monaisha

so do you think it is rite to grant leave (Not PL) either ML / CL in the notice period...
If the person avails Pl in his notice period, that Will not be enchased then. But my questiuon is can he avail PL/ML

From India, Delhi
konerujyothi

If an employee is serving a notice period, he cannot be given any leave......but in case management permits....his notice period will be extended by the no of days he has taken.....if not it will be treated as Loss of Pay(LOP)
From India, Visakhapatnam
Pritesh Sharma

Hi,
It is at the discretion of the management and varies from one company to other.
Suit yourself. If you think that the cause is genuine , you may like to consider it. But should you get a feeling that the parting employee is trying to take you for a ride i.e does not want to turn up during the notice period, then you may decide differently. One word of caution though, you may not wish to have someone on board who is physically present but mentally missing. He may cause more harm than help to the organisation. During the notice period the parting employees also at times influence other employees and it is in the interest of the organisation that they leave early and do their F&F. At times when the position is critical and replacement is not available immediately you may choose appropriately.:)

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sunil dutt
Gud. i agree with Mr. Pratish Sharma. As an IR guy u have to think and do the best suited in the intrest of organisation . Simply allowing or refusing the leave during the notice period will not serve the purpose.
However the topic can be discusseed at length and all my learned friends will agree with this.
Rgds
SRD

From India, Mumbai
R G NAGENDRA

Hi
There is no hard and fast rule to this, it depends on the company's policy. But generally many Management will not allow leave during the notice period as they insist the employee to serve the notice period fully to complete the pending work if any

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.