No Tags Found!

anjana r
hi
I think there is also a way out through employee referrals....
And also with the details of those candidates whom you get now, who cannot be placed due to any reasons I think U can maintain a database so that it will help you in future as I have seen them doing in one of the companies..
regards
Anjana

originconsulting@rediffmail.com
Another successful way of IT recruitment is Referencing. Get Reference from exisiting candidates for different skill sets. with the permission of your compan y, you can launch a referencing program, which gives some additional benefits to your exisiting employee.
Dhawal dave

From India, Jamnagar
phoenixrm
Hi Sunaina,
True that there are various ways of sourcing manpower, but to choose the best, you have to consider various factors. primary being the strenght of your HR team and the number of people you are looking to recruit. Depending on these factors you could actually go ahead with either source talent yourself or outsource it to a third party.
Chaitanya

From India, Hyderabad
gauri puri
Hello mam,
I am at present doing my MBA in HR from Pune. My hometown is chandigarh. Being a student i am sure i can learn from you about Job responsibilities of an HR in an IT company as i am looking forward for a career in this sector.Would you help me? Can u give me your email ID. My email id is . Hope you will reply.
Regards
Gauri

From India, Pune
gauri puri
Hello mam,
I would appreciate if you help me learn about job responsibilities of an HR in an IT company. I am actually looking forward to an opening in chandigarh itself. Hope you will reply this time. My email Id is .I am wating for your reply.
Regards
Gauri

From India, Pune
Nainz

Dear Gauri,
Am sorry I could not reply earlier as I was tied up with some work. My email id is and my number is 09876504766, You are most welcome to get in touch with me anytime. We could also meet up when you come to chandigarh.
Regards,
Sunaina

From India, Chandigarh
suchitra.v
Hi all
I just wanted to know the exact meaning of Head Hunting,,,how it can be done. And what would be the best and economic way of recruiting potential candidates.
Waiting for reply
Thanks and Regards
Suchitra

From India
sourabh77

Hello Suchitra,

Head hunting means you have to hunt the resources from the market.

To be a good head hunter you must know which company is working with what technologies.From whih place you can generate what candidates?

Then you call up their board numbers and try to get the information that who is working on any particuklar technology and try to find out if they will be intrested in your project.

Suppose you are looking for MArketing MAnagers or Sr Mkting executives for a reputed firm with excellent selling skills, great personality and good communication skills, now you don have access to job portals, you can't post ads in news papaers and you don have any consultats, what will you do?

Now we all know that Marketing professionals from Advertisements and Hotel industry are too good, so you call up the board numbers for Oberoi Towers or Mariott or Regent or Leela for that matter or any reputed 3 start hotel and ask the operator to coonet you to their MArketing department, then you will speak with the person and ask if he is loking for a change and can discuss the opportunity.

In case if he is not intrested at that time you can ask for references about his collegues or firends and close the deal.

This is known as head hunting

Same goes with IT Recuitments, you must know which company in Mumbai is dealing in which technologies and you can apply the above mentioned procedure here.

Hope this will be of some help.

Hi Sunaina,

I think you already have some good firms in Chd (like HCL, HP, TVS and so one), you can also do some headhunting there to find good resoruces for your firm

regards

Sourabh

From India, Delhi
sourabh77

hi Sunaina,

Some more lines to add.

I had tried to explan the Head Hunting in the previous post but forgot to mention that it takes lot of patience to do that and unless you have the right Recruiter/HR Exec, with right information, specifically assigned for this task I think you should be better off outsourcing this part to the consultants/Consulting Firms.

Make sure you have the right contract signed with them which should clearly and distinctly announce that if the consultant is fired/resigned after few days of joining lets say for 1-2 month period for reasons that information provided is false by the candidate or because of his/her own reasons, your firm shall not be liable to pay for the services provided by the Consulting Firm.

This way you will be making the firms a bit more responsible and they will not be bombarding you with resumes blindly.

Although most consulting firms are very professional and carefull about this but since this is your first experience in dealing with them you should be carefull.

I had heard that lots of top IT firms had occupied offices in the IT Park, might be helpful for you.

regards

Sourabh

From India, Delhi
suchitra.v
Hi Sourabh, I am very much clear about the concept now, thanks for such detailed explanation. Hope it would be useful when i will work Thanks Suchitra
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.