Ritesh Nair
Dear all,
We are planning to introduce long service awards in our organsation. Please share your views as per the practice in your organisation.
i would like to know,
What awards apart from certificates will help & create value..
5 years
10 years
15 years
20 years
Kindly let me know if you have a practice that really creates a sense of value...
Thanks,
Ritesh..

From India, Mumbai
L.Kumar

Dear Sender
Depend upon the size of the organisation you can fix the long service award as under ( also as decided by your management)
5 years-- Rs. 1000 worth gift
10 years- Rs. 2000 worth gift
15 years - Rs. 3000 worth gift
20 years - Rs. 5000/-worth gift
Regards
L.Kumar

From India, Madras
Ritesh Nair
thanks kumar,
Monetary benefits is definetly good thing to do, i have heard companies giving cash vocuhers depending upon the no. of years completed in the company.
Guys,
Please help me with regards to the amount slabs, as per toadays best practised companies..
Regards,
Ritesh

From India, Mumbai
Jabardan R. Bhatt
As far as long service award is concern, all the employees is to be treated at par irrespective of the position held. Personally I belive that an employee who has completed 20years of service should be awarded with the long service award. Employee should be rewarded with some token gift like silver Thali, bowl, glass costing not more than 2000.00 Rs. valued or depending upon financial condition of the company. Also issue a cirtifate of appreciation of his long stay in the company.
This is my personal opinion.
Thanks.
Janardan. Bhatt.

From India, Ahmadabad
DEBANGSHU PAL
Hi Ritesh
(1) A CERTIFICATE FROM CEO/MD
(2) MOMENTO- SILVER THALI OF DIFF TYPE AS PER YRS OF SERVICE.
(3) COMPANY'S SHARE-IT WILL MAKE SENSE OF OWNERSHIP/IF SHARE NOT POSSIBLE THEN GIFT VOUCHER/TRAVEL VOUCHER
(4) LONG SERVICE ALLOWANCE
HAND OVER THE AWARD BY CEO/MD IN A GATHERING
-LIKE ANNUAL DAY
ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION.
DEBANGSHU

byomjeet

In our organisation this policy is also there. It is done in the follwing way:
For employees who have completed 5 years.
A gold plated tie pin with the logo of the company.
For employees who have completed 10 years.
The same tie pin plus 1 month Baisc + DA
For employees who have completed 15 years.
The same tie pin plus 1.5 month Baisc + DA
For employees who have completed 20 years
The same tie pin plus 2 months Baisc + DA

From India, Delhi
tsivasankaran

Hi
I have seen that gifts have better value than an amount
I agree with Mr Kumar on the years.
But The amount seems too low.
1. 5 years
I have seen many organisations follow a nice watch worth Rs 1500 to 2000
You can look at a pair watch
2.10 years
Rs 5000 worth Silver items (The problem with silver and gold is that the price fluctuation will make it difficult to maintain uniformity)
3. 15 years
10000 rupees worth Consumer durable like Small fridge furniture etc
4 20 years
rs 20000 worth gift pacakge Mostly consumer durables
5 25 years
Rs 30000 worth consumer durables
If you see, a person who has served for 25 years would have recd gifts worth Rs 67000. over a period of 25 years an average of Rs 2500/ per year of service.
This must be uniform
Siva

From India, Chennai
byomjeet

Oh I forgot to mention that we give a certificate fo appreciation signed by the CEO and HR Head along with these.
From India, Delhi
tsivasankaran

Hi
Certificate by CEO is ok
Why HR s signature?
I came across with situations where HR Heads were just one year old in that company and they used to sign for 25 yaer serviced employee Many did not appreciate
When it is signed by CEO, ewven if he is new it is taken wuth some logic.
Siva

From India, Chennai
U.K.Singh

Long service reward is given to employees for his long association with the company. In some organisation it is given twice. Once on completion of 15 years of services and another on 30 years of service. The reward is emotionally attached and given in memory. As such it is Called Memento and not Momento. Since it is emotionally related generally it is given in the form of kinds which can long last so that he can remember his colleagues and organisation for long time. I do not have word to define but would like to give example. Suppose you are going to give presentation to your very dear friend. How would you like to pay in cash or kind. So long service award whether paid once or twice it should be in kind. I mean to say the award is not related with financial value but it is related with human value.
From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.