sakshi.16

Hi Chandana,
Being as an HR professional and a female I can understand your problem. But in this case you will have to be strong, you should understand that you are in such department where you cannot let any one to overshadow you or dominate you. where as you have enough power and authority to do what is right and wrong even just show this strongness to those people.
Regards,
SS

From India, Jaipur
Sandipannandy

Hi All
I am working with a EPC Company as a HR officer and looking the recruitment part. We are working globally and we spread out to 17 countries.Regularly we receive a huge number of CVs from our different consultants as well as from our job portal.
Now I am totally confuse how can manage all these CVs in systematic way and how can maintain CV data bank properly in that a way when we require that we can easily find out.
Please suggest me. I am waiting for your valuable opinion.
Thanks
Sandipan

From India, Delhi
emailtovijay
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
one thing u shuld in ur mind that other always feel jelious of the success of some....
they dont want that they have to follow ur order...
and u r just working for u only.
so enjoy the work and this the nature of human being
Regards
Vijay Sharma

From India, Patiala
ranjeet.singh20@gmail.com

Dear Chandana,
The next time these male chauvinists try to explain ur job to u..just give them a piece of advise...without hesitation just tell them that u have been selected for the post only beacuse you know the job and are good at it, otherwise if these persons would have been good HR Managers themselves, there would not have any requirement for your post.
Regards
Ranjeet

From India, Bangalore
rajsawster

Hi Chandana,
You got many Sympathizer on this forum. What will you do next?

As women employee you inherits the quality of identifying and reading mans mind very well what motive each man has in mind while responding to you.

You have to deal accordingly to treat them upright.

The response to this post seems to be grwoing like Tale of Hanumanji. I don't think this subject deserve this much attention.

Regards

sawant

From Saudi Arabia
biswadeep.gupta

Hi!

Few points to ponder

1. No one is bad by birth. Time n environments make them so. Have confidence in other , do good to others be nice to others (does not mean that u have to please ) and know your work well. In all have confidence in you.

2. Know your Job profile and clear understanding of your management's expectation. After all u are working for the company not for the employees

3. Ofcourse as an HR one of your job is to look after the welfare of the people. An HR should act and work like a bridge between the employee n management. Know your boundaries and what job is assigned to u.

3. Go to your boss with with multiple solutions to solve your problem looking into your perspective and be on his shoes and try to understand what he can do within his limitations.

4. As an new recruit and that too as a HR it might be bit difficult to get adopted and amalgated easily but I guess lots of Empathy, understanding of culture and processes of the organisation might solve your perspective of the organisation and its people. In fact you should do this.

5. Lastly its better to introspect and piece of advice- SMILE always. Smile when you are down and live your life. Running will not help. Show that you are not effected. Keep the chin UP!

Good wishes n Cheerz!

prasad sn
Hi everyone,

Chandana's problem is not a one off problem. It it is typical and has ramifications which may make or break her as a colleague. Whether the boss is male or female, a new worker tends to feel safe as long as her boss is present. For the only lady worker, the male colleagues do tend to test her patience by their rudeness, snide remarks etc. We all have given Chandana the advice to remain strong, committed and determined to face the challenges, rightfully so. I would like to give an input by experience. For each person there are two facets(normally) that is the 'Professional' and the 'individual'. In this case it is Chandana, the professional and Chandana the woman. If Chandana projects her personality as the woman and holds back the professional in her, then she may be respected as a woman and WILL not be respected as a 'professional'. This is the right moulding time for Chandana to project herself as a no-nonsence professional who is focussed on the objectives of the company and in that course take bold steps which give indications to her male colleagues to treat her with respect. HER BOLD STEPS MAY INCLUDE MAKING AN EXAMPLE OF A PERSON WHO CROSSES THE LIMIT LAID BY HER ALSO. I am aware that it is easier said than done, there will be pressures. But this MAY BE HER OPPORTUNITY TO PROVE HERSELF!

prasad sn
Now Chandana,
Analyse all replies to your original problem. It is nice to see that everyone is telling you to be strong etc( purified essence of all self development books are there in this thread now!) I am sure that I am writing to the future VP HR of your Company down the line. NISCHAY KAR APNE JEET KARON*(*Guru granth sahib)
Prasad

Prasanna Nadella
Dear Chandana,
I completely agree with Rajesh in this . You should be using less of verbal and more of written communication with such colleagues and do not forget to CC your boss on all important matters. This way your colleagues will be cautious on what to talk and what not. You are HR and grievance
handling is your Job.
Never react immediately. That will break the relation with your colleagues.
Your intention should always be to build relation with your team. Try to listen to them and every person will have one strong/positve point or the other in them. Identify that and acknowledge. People will love to listen anything good about them. That small action of yours is probably enough to break many barriers.
But if things go beyond limit, send a memo that you will be taking disciplinary action if things repeat. (should be the last resort)
Good luck.
Regards,

From United States, Englewood Cliffs
swati_mishra
Dear Chandana,
same was the case with me also, but what u can do is just do your job with full dedication, dont involve urself in any kind of frustration, i'm saying frustration because others are frustrated, just make them feel always that u learned so many things from them, just help everybody, just make them understand that u r a HR so u have to interact with everybody, just respect them always whatever reaction they return back to u. when you will do it continuously, u will definately find a change ,believe me & u know change comes gradually, so just chill :icon1: , because u cant ignore all this.
Hope u will cope.
Swati

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.