pria.pune
hi,
in my org. I encountered the same problem..
we nw follow a late coming policy wherein for being late by total 50mins in a month and exceeded 5 times of late coming, the employees salary is deducted by half days salary for that particular month...& so on. and with this we could curb many late coming issues..certain limit to wait has also been fixed ..if exceeds the limit of waiting we do not deduct the salary..this is not communicated to employees..deductions are made at the managements discretion..:o

From India, Mumbai
4amitd
The solution that Mr Malik has given is too general in nature and does not apply to many industries in real life. For example, in stock broking it is common for an employee to stay late during results time since one has to churn a report out within 24 hours and make calls as well. Hence, it is foolhardy to expect an employee to come on time next day.
In my opinion, Pooja as long as employee is meeting his/her goals and targets, it is of no importance. I have seen many a fools wasting time in office, many a sycophants chasing their Boss' timings and many a industrious and smart people achieving things. Hence, it is totally your call depending on case to case basis. Please understand reasons behind an employee coming late rather than jumping to fabulous conclusions and trying to fit one shoe for all...

From Oman, Muscat
MANU BAGHEL
Daer all
In my view late coming is not a good parctice for employee and company,if any workmen worked late hours thay paid for that by O.T. or C- off( as per Company policy) than why alowed to come late to any body ,in case of emergency or other they can alow by formulation of policy categary wise like two hours alowed one in amonth or six in a year ..... some thing like that, but keep quite for late commers will make an alarming satuation later on .
MANU BAGHEL

From India
ajoshi.dj@gmail.com
Hi,
We in HCL have two shift timings, and an automated system for capture attendance. Our Sr. VP has communicated that all the employees have to roster themselves for either of the defined shift timings ( 11.00 to 8.00 pm or 12.00 to 9.00 pm).
earlier, we use to download the reports for short login hours and send to respective department heads to ask clarifications on his team members late comings / short hours. this way the ownership of process owners for bringing discipline and also, they become aware that HR is keeping a constant check of timings and the favours if given.
Now we have a automated system wherein a mail is triggered by the system to the boss and the employee and hr whenever an employee gives short login hours. Bosses have the rights to approve or reject it. This facility to approve is for a limited period otherwise in case of rejection also the employees's that day attendance will come as 1/2 day or full day absence.
Regards,

From India, Delhi
audnis

Actually, when I joined an organization due to change I observe that although I commute long distance and leave home at 6.30 to be on the job at 9.30 I used to be on time or a bit before time, except during rain no connecting bus etc. I too had to report late.

But the prevailing situation is that main peoples at the office never turns up even till 10.30 or 11.00 am.

I told my subordinates that it is not good for you to come late like this although you are just staying short distance. But the reply is that we had to stay late for delivery of goods as transport of good come out of production only after 6.30 and then we have to wait for the transport to load and inform the party about the despatch etc. etc.

Later on the situation improved and made it to the management we dont want this last minute hanky panky of the MD and CEO and they have to mend their ways of despatch. Production come out after 5 pm will be taken only for next day and despatch goes only next day. No more excuse from CEO or PRODUCTION and no instructions for late sittings. But the CEO is crying foul play but not organizing the production, because they are getting over time for their work.

Finally it was achieved 98% with exception on some days.

But the main complaint is that the CEO's wife who is calculating the time takes her own time to give time log for pay sheet. Due to that the employees not paid on time wthin the rules.

How to Bell this Cat??

There is a saying "Pay the Labout when the sweat is still wet"

But this CEO's wife never bother about the labour of peoples.

So these are the general problems HR cannot act 100% with good relationship with Management on the one hand and employees on the other hand.

From Saudi Arabia
JOSEPHPATRAO

Hi,
We have handled this effectively ... normal work hours are 8:30 hrs if some employee works for 9:29 hrs no permission to come late next day, if workings between 9:30 to 11.00 hrs can attend late by 0.30 hrs, and 11:01 to 14:00 can attend office late by 1:00 hr and the same is automatically incorporated in the attendance system if this is not done as per the preset rules Leave/Salary will be deducted no manual interference.
Eerier employees where sitting late by 0:30 hrs and come to office late by 0:30 hrs, but now after implementing this late sitting and late attending office is reduced by 70 %
Best Regards

From India, Mumbai
nilekar.aniket
Friends
As per me
The only possible solution are
1. HOD's Plan their work properly with Time frame
2. Allocate daily task & try to achieve daily allocated task
HOD can conduct daily coffee table meeting & discuses. REMEMBER COFFEE TABLE
always start within first 30min of day & contains only 15min.
that means everybody get only 15min to let
it means you have some what control on the situation.
3. HOD / Manager must come before his subordinates because
they are for Setting Example for others & getting work done.
Pl correct me if any misjudgment.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
svenkateshsmart
Hi,
As the company has terminated (if you're right) you, you don't have to pay them. Just ignore this as this cannot go any far, but if you had significant years of experience in that company, you would have to negotiate and pay a nominal amount to collect your work experience letter, etc. Anyway, you are safe now. What do you mean by "legal notice"? Was it sent by the company on its letterhead or from a lawyer?
Either way you need not have to worry!

From India, Madras
vyas.rita@rediffmail.com
Dear All, keeping all above points in mind, I believe the problem has different reasons with different people while our organizational policies are customized and applicable to all. So it becomes difficult to judge individual employee's stand as well as HR's stand in response to individual employee.

So one can better solve such a problem by considering many such views and going along the one that best matches the situation at his/her organization.

But one thing is sure, you need to take some action or the problem may get serious and you may be held responsible being an HR.

....... I suggest if you could-

give monetory rewards to those reporting regularly on time

give monetory punishment to those being late frequently, say deduce 1 day salary for every 3 late marks.

OR publicly adressing the one to be late for the day, Example- displaying on the notice board-"Late comers of the day------LIST---"

Mrs Rita Vyas

Training & Placement

Raisoni Group

Nagpur

From India, Mumbai
Amit Kumar Tomar
Dear Pooja,
Late coming is an issue being encountered in many of the industries and different companies follow different rules to deal with late coming.
If a person stay back after office hours it must be approved with his immediate supervisor. Further if employee comes late next day on account of late sitting it again should be approved by his divisional head.
However we do allow an employee late upto 2 hours from shift start time twice in a month but that is the sole discretion of the management employee can not claim it as a right. Beyond three late coming the employee will be marked half day.
This practice is meant only for Staff employees.
In order to create awareness amongst the employees, you may send a daily pop-up at the PCs of the employees, so that they remain aware of consequences of late coming.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.