No Tags Found!

priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear professionals,

Please let me know whether an IT firm employer employing at least 20 workmen[ii], is required to set up a Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC).

When I referred to the Industrial Disputes Act 1947 I got the clause mentioned below:

Setting up of Grievance Settlement Authorities and reference of certain individual disputes to such authorities.
9C. (1) The employer in relation to every industrial establish¬ment in which fifty or more workmen are employed or have been employed on any day in the preceding twelve months, shall provide for, in accordance with the rules made in that behalf under this Act, a Grievance Settlement Authority for the settlement of industrial disputes connected with an individual workman employed in the establishment.

Which I get confused.

From India, Kochi
Madhu.T.K

Certainly, an IT company is also an 'industry' which comes under the pruview of ID Act and if you have 20 employees, you should have a committee to redress the grievances of employees.
From India, Kannur
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Ok thank you. Do we need another grievance redressal policy for the same?
From India, Kochi
Madhu.T.K

You can form a committee and prepare an SOP for filing grievances etc.
From India, Kannur
Ram K Navaratna

Dear Priyaslakshmi Useful video link on Grievance Redressal committee in YouTube link hrresonance channel May be useful to you on the above. Thanks Ram K Navaratna
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.